Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Elizabeth Mye Posts: 1

I am contemplating buying the products needed to design my bears. Am feeling anxious whether I can accomplish it or not. Have to re learn how to using a sewing machine as well..

What is the best or easier way for a beginner to learn the design of bear making?

thank you

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hello Elizabeth,  I think the best way to learn is probably to buy a complete kit.  I would go to Etsy or a site like that and look for a complete teddy bear kit.  There are many good artists out there that supply everything you need and a good set of directions to follow.  That way you only buy exactly what you need. 

We are always here then to answer questions that you will have as you are working.  People here are very good at explaining.  There are many questions already answered in the library drop down menu on the middle left on top of this post.

As far as a sewing machine, there are many people here that hand sew, no machine needed.

Best of luck on your new venture.  Please keep us posted.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That's excellent advice, Joanne! Depending on what part of the world you live in, the mohair suppliers also sell complete kits.

The other thing you might need are a few tools, and the suppliers sell those, too.

Good luck with the process!

Becky

Board footer