Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Helena,
Just when I think you have surpassed excellent - you do it again  bear_original bear_original
Rascal is wonderful bear_thumb bear_thumb
You are soo soo clever - I bet his new mum loves him to bits  :clap: :clap:
Tks for all the help the other day - I have now been to Sassy and expect a very small  bear_grin bear_grin parcel of fabric
Take Care  bear_original
:hug: :hug:
Anne

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Helena, i adore this little racoon - bet you get your hand snatched off when you put his brother on eBay - i may be the one to do it too!!!!!

Fab work as always Helena  :thumbsup:

Penny  :dance:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh this has been a fun thread... and it absolutely sounds like you are taking it in the right spirit Helena!!!!!  :hug:  YOUR little raccoon is beyond precious, and believe me, none of us would mind if we awoke to find that sweetie staring back at us! 

Real ones do kinda have that odd little hovering sway they do when they are confronted.... makes you wonder if they are going to run away or run towards!  I think that is a bit off putting!

Anyway, all this talk of scarey animals made me think... gracious, what about BEARS!!!! The REAL ones!  My husband sat down last week to watch some TV with the wee ones, and there was a wonderful show on the Discovery channel about American Grizzlies.  Oh my!  Beautiful animals, but sheesh.... those guys can be a REAL menace.  And the damage they can do to people.  WOW!  It got to the point where they were talking about having to put big fences around school yards, etc., etc... and we had to turn it off.  Didn't seem like great bedtime viewing for our three year old!  So, we had a little talk with them about how they are safe here, and all that. 
They did seem to understand, but then little Ben said to me, "Mommy, your bears would never do that, would they?"  Oh, what a sweetie!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Kim, that is too cute for words!  It does always strike me as kind of funny that teddy bears are so lovely and cuddly and huggable and yet their namesakes are anything but!!

toymaker Posts: 26

How darling! And look at that tiny striped tail! bear_thumb

bearlady13 Posts: 177

I love this little racoon. soo cute.  :clap:  :clap:

We had a couple of real racoon that we raised on bottles and got them shots like you do dogs. When they were big enough our friends kept them on his farm and his family would feed them. They were quite tame till they fell in love and had little ones ,then were pertective of the babies.  I had a sister that had a skunk , they had the sense sack removed. She raisedit on a bottle.  She said it used the litter box just like her cat.  My husband's mother raised a squirrel on a bottle and it ran and played with the kids.  All animals can be agressive at times just like regular tamed animals. People must be wary what with rabies and al,l out there.

Board footer