Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I was leaving a condolence note on the page for my husband's Aunt in Kansas City for the funeral we're attending this weekend, and decided to scroll through the other pages of individuals being waked at the same home. I was suddenly surprised to see another name I knew very well, but had to check in Google to make certain - the city was correct.
The city listed for Daniel is one he is listed as having lived in; he was instrumental, along with Joel Hoy, in bringing the Kansas City Jubilee to the Midwest for years  after Bill Boyd passed-on-the-reins. And a splendid show it was, too!
I'm so awfully sorry to have learned of this so abruptly and if anyone else has any other information, would they please pass it on to me?
I will certainly try to learn anything I can while there: I really loved this 'giant' of a man, (he was always so accommodating for me as a teacher as well as an exhibitor) with a heart as wide as his smile.

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

Wow, seems like we oldsters in the bear world are dropping like flies.  :(
hugs,
Leeann

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Happily, I've found that I had mixed up the names! It was just a very bad coincidence. ("Close, but no cigar!") Sorry to panic anyone...  Another spelling and another gentleman - our Daniel is alive and well in Missouri....

Board footer