Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

DILU_GOLLY_RESZ.jpg

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to show you a photo of Dilu's Golly that I adopted...my Bear
Judi's Bear, grabbed her the minute I opened the box!!!  I think they look really cute together.

Dilu, Your golly is so well made I am very impressed!  You need to give yourself more credit though.   The sewing is perfect and the hair is adorable!  She has a littel part right down the back of her head.  I lover her hair and her cute little insey winsey button eyes!

She even has lace trimmed bloomers!  Dilu my dear...you need to indentify your work with a label of some kind or even sign the back of the bloomers.  100 years from now someone will want to know who the artist was.

I think every bear needs a golly..........Dilu and you other Golly makers should list some more gollies so every one's bear can have one.:D

Thanks Dilu!

When I soldmy first Judi's bear on this site, I had regrets and had to make another ...fast.  Now I have two more, one of which I hope to list soon.  The pictured has decided to live with me.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Judi, Well I never ,Judi's Bear looks so impressed to at last have a friend to call his own.They look so happy to-gether or is it just me going all soppy again.  Hugs Rita.

PS. Dilu, I think it is an honour for someone as talented as Judi to give you such a high commendation. Hugs Rita xx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi . . . Judi's Bear looks just like you!!  I guess that was intentional??!!  Such a sweetie and Diane's golly looks perfect with you - uh, her!!  bear_grin bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_sad  I can't see the picture bear_sad

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I can't see the picture either

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Judi, your bear do really look like you! Except that you smile more in your photos! bear_happy
They look great togehter!! bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ah, there the picture is.  Gorgeous, as expected.

What's with the disappearing photo, though?  Judi, did you change something?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Judi

I was off yesterday- stuffing a whole new gaggel of bigger gollys with noses!!!  I am very excited about the noses cuz Gollys really do like to stop and smell the roses, and I heard nothing but complaints from the noseless ones!! :D:D

Thank you for your kind words Judi- I really do take it quite personally to heart, and intend to print up your post as proof!!!:lol::lol:  I am so glad you like her, and am really glad she got there in one piece, ( you just never know with pouty little gollies) and she got there earlier than I thought she would.

I do believe that Judi's Bear has the same color eyes as Judi....beautiful beautiful eyes and beautiful bear.  You had to have painted those eyes yourself, I have never seen such beautiful ones at any site....

Hmmmmmm Hey Intercal Guys.....How about  a boutique for specialty items, like one of a kind eyes, etc....

I am betting there are bearing folk who would pay the extra for drop dead gorgous eyes like Judi's and Shelli's and all the others doing eyes.  I find them fun because they take no time at all and come out so great with the fab instructions we were given....Thank you again Shelli...I like to make them at night, instant gratification if if I haven't had chocolate that day!

At any rate....I am glad she got to you ok Judi and doubly glad you like her, and thank you for your kind words.  They really do mean alot!

Dilu bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

And thank YOU Dilu for all YOUR lovely comments.  Also I wanted to add that, WOW, sewing such small dollies is no easy task.  I have made a few four inch bears from mohair and found them to be quite a challenge...to say the least.  It sure takes talent and patience.

I don't know what happened to the picture Shelli...when I came back later all I got was a blank box with a small red x.  I edited the post and retried the photo again.....goofy computer stuff I guess:P

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

oh they look adorable together!! Soooo cute!! I think they are a perfect fit together.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Darling bear Judi and the Golliy is so sweet..they look wonderful together....Winney

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Judi and Dilu ! they look so adorable and perfect with toghether :D

Judi, I really think your bear is tooo beautiful! is she your twin ? he he :P

Dilu, I love your little golly girl  I really do !!!! can I adapt one golly  too?
        I love to adapt your golly and welcome at our bear home. :)
        Do you sale at your website ?

Bear Hugs/Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Judi and Dilu!  Perfect Pair!!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Judi and Dilu...Wow, the bear and the Golly...I love them both!!!!:) bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original  They really do look good together!

Jane.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wonderful Girls!!!!!!! Dilu ehat a cute Golly and Judi, Gosh what a sweet bear.

Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!

Dilu...better get working on more gollies....I sense there are a lot of bears laying in wait for thier own gollies to cuddle!!!

Marie,

You tell me your favorite color and I will make a special Gollly for you....girl or boy?

let me know

I have some little nekid ones running around and waiting waiting for eyes, but I have been dressing the bigger ones....yesterday.....and today.....There are 3 12+ incher boys and two girls

I am in love with noses!  There is so much I can do with a nose.....quaranteed no 2 noses the same.

Old man Moses
Still smells roses
Under the rose bush
Moses nose is

How do these people who make like 500 bears or gollies in a limited edition do it?

First I would be bored simply silly doing the same thing over and over....but also I never would be able to keep them exactly the same!

Anyone ever have any experience doing a slew of something the same each time? 

Dilu

Silly Dilu challanged the great folks at Intercal to have a boutique with one of a kind eyes!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about we change the challange to sets of eyes....

I think our bears would have to be winking all the time if we only had one of a kind eyes!

Dilylu:P

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I agree Dilu, I too would go nuts making the same bear over and over...BBBOOOORRRIIINNNNGGGGG

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Dilu, I tried offering an edition of only 10 of the same bear once, and got totally burnt out!!!  I learned my lesson.  I'll never again offer something that is not already made. ;):D

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh yeah.  The only time I tried a large edition (25 - and that's very large for me) I quit at bear # 10.  Although it was for a worthy cause, I just couldn't keep on making that same bear again and again.  My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2000, and all I could think of to do to help was make a limited edition bear and give the proceeds of the sale to The Susan Komen Foundation.  And I did, but even that 10th bear was almost "unbearable" to make.  So now, it's only one-of-a-kinds!!  bear_laugh

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu , Thank you :D:lol::D:lol:
I sent you e-mail for my golly request  ;)

Sue Ann,
I'm sorry to hear about your sister's
condition. My mama  diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997 too.  She is 68years old now and made 9th year
after 2big operations. :)
She is #1 fan for my bears and
I think she has more than 20bears
of mine and talk to them every day.
Hmmmmmm I wonder if my bears
can speak back to her. he he :P

Bear Hugs/Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Your mama has VERY good taste in bears!!  My sister is doing well for right now and thanks for your concern.  I hope your mom continues to feel good!! bear_original  bear_original bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thank you Sue Ann, and I'm glad
your sister doing well bear_cool

Board footer