Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

It's hard to see this as beauty. Avant-garde maybe.
I feel sorry for the model. I know how they could have been developed to have been a bit more comfortable - - a bit more like the Alexander McQueen shoes and not so monstrously bizarre...(as if his weren't. 'Fess up, does anyone here own a pair?)
But every chiro in the world would be screaming a well as every orthopedic surgeon.

Frankly, this moves us right backwards to the age of the prehistoric 'Lucy'.
See if you can't stop thinking of that sweet skeleton head while you watch this!
http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread-how-t … 00092.html
hggzzz
Bobbie

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Artistic or autistic?

It's hard to tell!

bear_happy  bear_happy  bear_happy

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

my goodness that looks like it would hurt! And you know...there is always some fashion nut out there that will go out and buy them because they want to be with the "in" crowd or unique. I will stick with my sneakers....

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

OMG!  Why would you want to!

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

UGLY UGLY UGLY shoes..... bear_wacko

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Judging by the design and by the photo of the model wearing them, a person could not even stand up straight while wearing these shoes, let alone walk.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How to ruin your feet quickly.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I have always wondered why women continue to wear high heels when their feet hurt so much.  This is just ridiculous!

But, as some people have said, Ginger Rogers was a better dancer than Fred Astaire because she did everything he did only backwards and while wearing high heels!  bear_grin

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Well, those are INTERESTING!!!   bear_shocked  My daughter, the ballet dancer, said, "It's kind of like being on pointe, only easier.  But you can't stand up straight."  Sounded like an accurate assessment!

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

OH YES!!!   I've ALWAYS wanted to walk around with my feet hurting, my knees bent and my butt stuck out!!!!! Yikes!

suburban Chicago
SueAnn wrote:

How to ruin your feet quickly.

.. along with your hip, back and knee joints! That's what I meant about the Drs screaming - well, it'll only put money in their pockets eventually, for replacements. When one thing is out of alignment it puts uneven stress on the corresponding part on the other side of the body.
These put every part of the skeleton out of alignment - - and put her back into the walking mode from our ancestral beginnings, the Great Apes; hence the Lucy reference, especially the last few images from the back view.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

Looks like an accident waiting to happen if you ask me.  They are so ugly you might as well be on stilts.LOL
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Stilts would look better:

1349890655_wrongsize_stalkers_lake_350.jpg

suburban Chicago

LOL - how true Randy. They look - - Magnificent!
Cirque du Soleil?

Us Bears Pennsylvania

They are called "The Wrong Size."

An acrobatic and aerial performance company.  I guess it would be something like Cirque but smaller.

http://www.wrongsize.co.uk/

Ayla2189 Posts: 3

"Uh-Mrs. HaWiggins..." -Mr. Tudball.

That's just scary though.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I think I will stick to my Fitflops....! I appreciate the art in these ...and that it makes her walk in this creepy, alien like way. I can't help cringing though at the thought of going over on your ankle in those heels. I broke my leg simply going over in a pair of 2 inch heeled boots...and that was bad enough!,

suburban Chicago

In T'ai Chi we're taught to keep our center of balance .. well - centered. The Chinese say that the walk of people in the Western world is a constant state of keeping from not falling over. What that means is that most of us tend to lean forward with our upper bodies first, which changes the center-of-gravity to the upper half of the body and to keep from going down flat on our faces we stick out a foot/leg. From there it's a constant state of putting out the other foot and continuing on this way.

In our classes, the first thing we learn is - how to walk and then how to breathe properly. Which probably sounds a little strange should anyone ask a beginning student "So, what are you learning in your new classes?"
But all movement comes first from the thrust of the center of lower half of the body, the legs follow that and your upper body follows. That's a perfect example of standing up straight and stepping out smartly!

Otherwise (and especially as we age) we begin to lean over with our head and shoulders, that throws off our balance, which causes us to shorten our stride because we're off-balance, then the upper half leans over a bit more. pretty soon we're taking short shuffling steps with our weight over in front of us and over we go, tripping on something because our feet are no longer being set down properly: heel first and then rolling onto the instep and toes the way we should walk.

I'm a prime example of this due to back/nerve problems and the pain goes away when I lean over, though it causes this imbalance. (and I have fallen forwards because of this) It's pure physics and almost an impossibility - to walk with your regular stride if your head and shoulders are slumped and leaning forward. Like a half- filled water bottle: if you push on it closer to the top it's going to topple over but if you push from the center it will move straight across the flat surface. That's how we should walk - by pushing off from our centers, the pelvic area.

And why I went into this long 'harangue' about balance was to point out Jenny's mention of 'going over in those heels.'
Well, she had to walk that awkwardly because she had nothing 'behind' her to weight her down, as most models don't. For us average women and more, we'd have that advantage over them!

Board footer