Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Francy wrote:

I would like it to be for people that have an interest as collectors or other artists. I don't want to bother all my friends that really have no interest in the bear world. So, I wonder, how should I gain new likes from this world?

This is exactly the reason I have both kinds of fb pages, Francy. Getting new "likers" is a bit like a snowball rolling down a hill. The bigger it gets...the bigger it gets! but Peter is right, you have to get the ball rolling.

First, do use the "build audience" function to invite your fb friends. Then the ones who do want to see your bears can like your page. In my case, I also did a bear giveaway early on. Anyone who wanted the bear needed to leave a comment on my page, and that meant liking my page. Other than that, you need to post great content (photos, links to articles, etc.) that inspires people to comment on and like your posts. That way, your likers are more likely to actually see your posts in their newsfeed, and friends of your likers see the posts, too. Over time the page grows.

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Francesca wrote:

Peter, same problem here. I also have a Facebook page and never really used it until last week after reading this thread. I'm afraid I haven't really understood how it works. I use my personal Facebook page, and know well how it works, but I'm not sure the 'business' facebook page is to be used in the same way. What I mean is: I would like it to be for people that have an interest as collectors or other artists. I don't want to bother all my friends that really have no interest in the bear world. So, I wonder, how should I gain new likes from this world?
I gather from your post that you can post the link to the facebook page here. I will try it now....other suggestions from the experts?
Thanks!!!!! bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

The link to my Facebook page, in case any of you feel compassionate enough to like it...:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/KALEidea … 5090356219

...I hope I did it right!  :wacko:

You did right, Francy!
I "liked" your page, but I also "shared" it on my FB page, as you can see below.  Now all my FB friends (who are almost all teddy bear lovers) will see the link to your page; hopefully some of them will visit your page and "like" it too.   :thumbsup:
1363431673_kaleideascope.jpg

The next thing you can do, is join one of the many teddy bear GROUPS; most of them are dedicated to artist bears (some for selling bears, some for sharing information about bears, etc...).
Here is a list of some the groups that I am a member of:
1363431834_groups01.jpg
1363431848_groups02.jpg
Your "business" FB page can't join a group (only people can), but you can join the group as Francesca Boretti and then inform the members of the group about your KALEideaSCOPE FB page and when you have created a new bear or furry animal you can post it in one or several of these groups.  You can also add a link to Bearpile, to e-bay or to your website.

It might seem a bit complicated, but it's really not that difficult; you just have to try out what works best for you.  bear_happy

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
dangerbears wrote:

First, do use the "build audience" function to invite your fb friends. Then the ones who do want to see your bears can like your page. In my case, I also did a bear giveaway early on. Anyone who wanted the bear needed to leave a comment on my page, and that meant liking my page. Other than that, you need to post great content (photos, links to articles, etc.) that inspires people to comment on and like your posts. That way, your likers are more likely to actually see your posts in their newsfeed, and friends of your likers see the posts, too. Over time the page grows. Becky

I fully agree with Becky: you have to get your page noticed; the more people comment, like or share your posts, the more people will see it and spread it.  That's what they call "going viral" (it spreads like a virus).   Like "Gagnam Style"  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh
1363432667_gangnam_style_gif_by_bbcigaming-d5h09z6.jpg

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Gangnam style bears, now there's an idea to conjure with  bear_laugh

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Well Peter, thank you so much for your kind support and help! bear_flower  bear_flower
Now I know I'll spend happy hours browsing Facebook groups like you suggested, and never get back to sewing... bear_grin

Thanks a lot!!!!!
Hugs

Teddy&Bears übear Teddy Bears
Melbourne
Website

You could try our site here. Free to list your bears. ubear provides a marketplace for teddy bear artists and collectors to sell their handmade creations.

Board footer