Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

cb339 Posts: 3

I recently lost a family memebers teddy bear. It was very dear to them, obviously. Sadly, noone has any idea of the make. I was hoping that if anyone could have a look at these photos and guess at the make / or even if theyve seen it in a shop somewhere?!?

I know its a long shot, but please any suggestions would be helpful!

1363452105_bear_3.jpg

1363452128_bear_4.jpg

1363452189_bear_2.jpg

1363452219_bear_1.jpg

Thankyou in advance!

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

With only being able to see his head for the most part, i am not completely sure but does he look like this teddy Hermann?

1363489572_teddy-hermann-large-grizzly-bear.jpg

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

The first bear that came to my mind was Gund's famous "Snuffles".   But I think they all have white or light-coloured muzzles.
To me it looks like a Gund bear, but which one?  It could be one that has been discontinued for some time.
The shape looks a lot like a Gund "Chubbs" bear, but I don't know if it exists in dark brown:
1363520483_t2ec16dhjg_e9nm3ri5sbqpvwicd7w60_3.jpg

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Peter, I was thinking the same thing; it really looks like a Gund bear. Gund made so many different bears in all kinds of fur. Maybe getting in touch with a collector group for Gund bears will help?

Thankyou all for your help. Unfortunatly im not sure it was a recognised brand which is making finding a replacement very tricky! Think it was bought from an outdoors shop somewhere in surrey!

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Gund was the first thing that popped into my head, too.  He looks a bit like Snuffles or Mr. Minky.  Karen's advice to get in touch with a Gund collectors group is a very good idea.  I hope you have good luck finding a replacement!

Miser Miser Bears

Im very sorry to hear of your lost bear, maybe you could ask the shop you got him from if they have any ideas?

Mad Hatter Posts: 6

That looks a lot like my bear. It's a UNIPAK. But that one seems to have hair that is softer or longer or something.

(Edited to add - mine is also really "floppy" like the one in those photos.)

This is mine:

1363829248_janeway.jpg

(Another edit - maybe they aren't *as* alike as I first thought. There are two seams on the nose of the one in the other photos and mine doesn't have them.)

Board footer