Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am on a roll this week.....despite the hot weather I am still trying to be productive. This is my bear for this week...a little 7 inch boy called Pekoe. I hand dyed the mohair then over dyed it with a tea stain....I love the colour...it made it very pretty.
1374182866_image.jpg

Teddybear Posts: 97

Oooooh how sweet !! I love the bears you make !!  bear_wub The colors are so nice !  :)

John

Kirstie_DDB Posts: 85

Gorgeous!
(have been thinking about tea staining, must check out any threads on it)

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks so much....tea staining is easy peasy. You just pick a tea and dunk the fabric in it...leave it soaking till it turns the colour you want then wash it .
Simples!

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

aww for the love of cute, how adorable bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

What a sweet little bear he is!  bear_wub

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks guys...I really love making these little ones....

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Natural coloured bears are my most favourite.
You create such magical faces with lots of soul bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub .

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks Renee....I always favour natural shades....I love to hand dye..it keeps the bears unique.

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

You make tea dying sound so simple, I must try it some time. I love the idea of dying, but past experience with Dylon dyes etc makes me feel that it's a lot of mess and hassle, and with an expensive fur, the thought of it going wrong would paralyse me from trying. But I could start with tea. Does coffee work as well, real coffee from beans rather than (or even including) instant coffee?
And Pekoe is very cute, of course!

warwickshire uk
Website

I use Landscape dyes...they are brilliant...and you just experiment with scraps....coffee works....tea is great...I love camomile and berry teas too...even food dyes..or hair dyes...just try ...like I say...just try scraps first.
You don't need to fix tea dyes...they are very colour fast and just rinsing well is enough.

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Hair dyes...now, there's a thought, given that I just recently dyed my white hairs bright pink with a temporary dye by Schwarzkopf! And as a bear is not meant to be washed, the colour might stay. Worth a test, as I still have some of the pink left over. I think they do fairly jazzy colours in permanent dye as well. Should have thought of that, as mohair is a kind of hair anyway. (Brain is ticking over now...)

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Wow, Jenny - you've been on a roll , especially in the summer when the mind kind of wonders!  He is adorable and I love the idea of double dying, very rich color!  Will have to give that a try.  Tea dying is one of my favorites!  Love the name as well!

warwickshire uk
Website

Oh I am busy busy busy. I never stop. I make it look like I am fast at making them but I am not. I make 2 per week. To do it I work an 80 hour week... Every week.

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

When do you eat and sleep!!!!!!  bear_grin

warwickshire uk
Website

Haha..I eat on the go and sleep from about 10 pm till about 5.30..then start all over again!

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

My hat is off to you, Jenny!  That is dedication.  And if you ever get burn out, your creations never show it!

Jennitoday 425 Square Foot Art
Poughkeepsie,NY

Board footer