Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

This is my first girl bear for ages. It's kind of naturally where I gravitate to but end up trying not to make many because I don't want to make too many....
But anyway...here's MaryLou...she's a 15 inch girl...I made her dress too....

1377112835_image.jpg
1377112870_image.jpg

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

omg I love her!! the hair on top of her head is amazing!! bear_wub

warwickshire uk
Website

I used to do these hair-do bears quite a bit. They are a bit of a signature look....however I don't do so many girls these days. Maybe that should change!

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

yes maam more girls!

oksana tymchenko Oksana Tymchenko
Ukraine, Kiev

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!SWEETTT! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Magnificent in every way  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub .
"You can take the girl out of hairdressing but not the hairdressing out of the girl" eh? bear_grin

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

She is lovely and her dress is wonderful bear_wub , but -I hope you won't mind me saying so, Jenny- I am not a fan of the "hair-do".
Maybe it's a "girl thing" (and I don't get it  bear_grin ), but I am picturing her in my mind without the hairpiece and for me that would look better.  :teddybear:
The hair sort of "humanizes" the teddy bear too much for my taste.  bear_rolleyes

Christina Posts: 978
Website

Wonderful face!  bear_wub

warwickshire uk
Website

Well these hair-do bears have been very popular for me over the years...and I haven't done one for ages, she was a special request . I think it's the anthropomorphic features which appeal to some collectors . Lets face it a proper teddy wouldn't be seen dead in a frock really would they?
But hey I get what you are saying Peter....this style isn't for everyone and yet some think its the best thing ever. Me l don't mind either way ...it's just another expression of what I like to do...and that is to make striking characterful bears. Some with hair...some without. Personally I like the ones without hairdos best...but I have room in my heart for all of them!

Betty betty-ours
moulineaux normandie
Website

she is great  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

She is a real cutie, with her hair piece or without!!!!!  But she is definitely all girl.  I tend to do more boys, too.  Don't know why.  Working on a girl right now, tho.

warwickshire uk
Website

Me too...I do few girls nowadays.....I enjoy doing them though..I like to let my imagination run riot!

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website

Beautiful work! I love everything!

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks so much!!

Board footer