Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Freckles Posts: 2

bear_original

Need some advice on finding my Freckles a new home.

In 1998 I was in London for a while, I came upon the English Teddy Bear Co. Store and as I like unique one of a kind things. I bought a One of a kind MoHair bear. Its pretty heavy for its size.
It says 1 of 1 on the back with his name Freckle
It also came with two hand painted and hand signed certificates.

One certificate says Freckle , 1 of 1 and the other indicates the store, date made and store signature and life time guarantee. Completely hand written/Drawn beautifully.
I paid over £350 plus VAT and then bought two very expensive hand made all wood frames for the certificates. So I put in over £400 in it in 1998.

I was wondering what it would be worth if any thing at this time and would I be able to find it a good home.

I will post pictures soon.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Post picture and specify how large the bear is, we should be able to give you some general info at least.....bear in mind that "rare" doesn't necessarily translate to valuable (especially in today's teddy bear market) it's all about how the bear looks ultimately. better designs command higher prices.

Freckles Posts: 2

Thank you so much.
He may look small in the pictures but is 8" tall head to sole.

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

This is a link to the company from which you bought the bear.         http://www.bathshopping.co.uk/theenglis … ompany.htm

I would do a search on eBay to see if your particular bear is up for sale and check the price the seller wants . . . which would give some indication of what the bear might be worth today.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

@SueAnne, "Freckles" did mention the bear is a one-off, so an ebay search won't yield much.

you could always contact Ken Yenke for an exact, definitive quote (for a fee) but my educated opinion as a buyer/seller of 25 years is, he's probably worth $100 (U.S.D.) to $150 on eBay.

I know that's probably disappointing, but let me explain.....you would have gotten much more back in the 90's when bear collecting was a huge thing, but we're in a very down market now, and the English Teddy Bear Co. is relatively obscure. add to that the facts that although he's a very sweet looking, well made bear, he's small, rather basic in design and made from sparse English mohair (the least expensive type).
the upside is, that the certificates you've kept are excellent provenance, and add to his saleability greatly.

your best bet is to list him on ebay, with a reserve bid price (for no less than you are willing to take for him) then let the world market determine what he's worth....you can then make the decision to sell or not to the highest offer if it doesn't meet your reserve minimum.

Good Luck!

Board footer