Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Robert Csech Posts: 20

Hello, Today I attempted to change my Avatar. It took me ten years to realize that my old bear was designed to stand upright. With flat feet, stiff body parts and fully jointed. Last year at a local Doll and Teddy Bear show. As I walked around with my old bear in a big bag, stopping at the Teddy Bear Artist tables. This lady behind her table introduced herself as Celia Baham. She said she had many years of restoring vintage teddy bears. She said that my old bear was an Ideal bear alright... She said that he was the million dollar bear. I responded by saying, I don't want to here that. This old bear of mine belongs in the Smithsonian Institute!! She then said, "they will just want you to donate him". I then quickly moved on with my old bear. Later that week I took time on this computer to look up this lady and found out that she is a very respected person today in the teddy bear artist world! She is the number one doctor for the Bears and Buds magazine. For the last year I have been writing letters to important people about my old bear. With little reply, people just don't believe what I have! These original Teddy's were lost in Time. So I am asking the people of Teddy Talk, What am I to do! This old bear of mine belongs in the Smithsonian Institute!! To share with the world!

brtstar1 Bright Star Promotions, Inc.
Louisville, KY
Website

Celia is a wonderful restorationist. I have known her for 20+ years.
If you'd like an appraisal for insurance records, by Ken Yenke,(author, teddy bear historian and teddy bear museum curiator), please check www.bearsandbuds.com then click on the bear appraisal icon and check it out.

Enjoy your dear old friend.

Bearhugs,
Valerie

Board footer