Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hello Teddy Folk Have just launched my web site i would you love to take a look
Its not as good as many of your sites but im still learning i will master with time
So please go into www.gugusteddies.co.za I hope you like my teddies.
Hugs Paula

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Hiya, I think you have done well with your site so far.

I made my website myself also having never done anything like it before. It took me ages and it isn't the greatest site but I figure as long as I can put up pics of my bears along with some info then all is well.

I thought the same as Pink that your bear pics were a little blurred, I am not sure why that would be though.

As time goes on you will keep thinking of little extra things you can do and it will gradually build up. Well done!

durban

Oh Thankyou that is what i needed, I think its the camera, ye blame the tools not the worker, Its not a very good one .
I think i need to be a bit more adventures ill keep trying
Lots of Hugs Paula

durban

Hello Ladies im back again
I have a small canon 810. Mega pics16,0 5x optical zoom i take my pictures in a very light room dont use camera flash
Do i need a better and  more high definition Camera. Dont i sound so stupid but i only taken photoes of my dogs
Please any ones help is appreciated

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Paula,

I think there might be something wrong with the settings on your camera, because all your pictures are out of focus.
From the information I gathered online, the Powershot 810 has several focus settings.  I don't know exactly what they all mean, but I presume that the problem lies with one of these settings (see below).  I suggested you take a few trial shots with different settings and see if one of them give sharp pictures.

1397205939_a810bis.jpg

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

I am not too good with cameras myself, I have a point and shoot Panasonic Lumix 7.2 mega pixel that I got off ebay. It does the job, I just set it to automatic so that I don't have to change any settings myself for close up or focus etc.

I have a light box and on sunny days find I don't need any other lights as the light box filters the sun, but on dull days I use lamps with daylight bulbs so that the picture isn't too yellow (from electric light)

Might be a idea to fiddle with your settings on the camera a bit as Peter suggested, it may just be that.

durban

Thank you all ill  fiddle all weekend i have to get it correct ill play around with the settings all advise is greatly appreciated
Have a good weekend both of you
Regards Paula

durban

hello Jenbee
Can i make a light box myself? do you have a picture of one i presume its made out of wood or cardboard and painted white three sides.open on top am i correct
Thankyou for your help i feel so stupid asking these questions at my age your supposed to know everything
Hugs Paula

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I too would like to know how to make a light box.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

A light box is something like this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4 … Light.html

You don't necessarily have to buy something this expensive but the enterprising individual could make a light box just by using the picture as a guide.

You could make a frame using wood or, better, PVC/plastic pipe then cover it with thin, translucent white fabric.  The lights could be purchased from the hardware store so long as you get "daylight" lamps to go in the figures.

I have a light box that I made using materials and supplies that I purchased locally.  It works just as well as anything you can buy, ready made.

bear_original

durban

oh i will def have a go at making my own let me get the Cape Town Fare over with.  hands permitting it should be easy

Thank you have a lovely Easter

Board footer