Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hello All
Please would you look at my comments on my prevoius post (WEB SITE) i need camera help i think
Thankyou

Us Bears Pennsylvania

It looks like a depth of field problem to me.

Get more light on the scene so that your camera's aperture can stop down more.
Experiment with using the camera's flash.
Try to back away from the subject more but don't use the zoom feature.
Set the camera to "Macro" mode.  There is a symbol that looks like a flower on the camera's controls.  Set the controls to that symbol.

Also, make sure that you press the shutter release only HALF WAY down before taking the picture.
When you press the button half way, the camera's electronic system analyzes the scene, sets the focus and determines exposure.  If you press the button all the way down, all at once, you don't give the camera a chance to analyze the scene and you can often get poor focus or exposure.

If you have a tripod, it would be good to use it.  This will reduce the possibility of blurry images due to camera shake.
Either use a remote shutter release or the self-timer so that your hands don't cause camera shake.

If that doesn't work, use a different camera, like an SLR, where you can look through the viewfinder to see what is in focus before taking the picture.

durban

Thankyou i will try all of the above my Camera does have a screen all looks nice on camera its when i transfer photoes and put on web site they look fuzzy
Ill give you feed back thankyou for your time
Hugs Paula

Us Bears Pennsylvania

SLR stands for "Single Lens Reflex."
That means that when you look through the viewfinder, you are looking at the ACTUAL image as it will be recorded by the camera when the picture is taken.  There is a system of mirrors and prisms that direct the light, through the lens, to the viewfinder then, when the picture is taken, the mirrors swing open and direct the light to the image plane.  It is true WYSIWYG.

Looking at the LCD screen on the back of the camera is not necessarily what you will see when the picture is taken.  There are electronic systems between you and the final image.

Photos might look good on the LCD screen and they might look good as previews on your screen but, if there is the slightest bit of blur, it will show up on the enlarged image.

I would say to use a tripod first.  Then check your lights and settings.  If that doesn't work, try using a camera like this...

1397316820_kodak_ektra.jpg

durban

sorry i did not reply asap ill try all the options you have given to me and let you know my findings when i am finished
Greatful for your input
HUGS Paula

Us Bears Pennsylvania

BTW:  The last thing about the picture of the camera was supposed to be a joke.  ;)
That's a 1940's vintage rangefinder camera.  The thing doesn't even have batteries, much less an LCD display.  ;)
Takes great pictures, though!  bear_laugh

durban

i remember the old kodak cameras they were the best i had one upon till a couple of years ago(couldnt use it of course) the one where you put the cartidge in the back when i was a young lass you were posh if you had one of thoes ha ha

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I've got an awesome camera collection.  I've got cameras that most people haven't seen before.  Yes, most of them still work!  Yes, you can still get film for many of them.

I have several of those "Instamatic" cameras.  Kodak doesn't make film for them anymore but I think that there are companies in Europe who still make it.  Even if you can't get preloaded cartridges, it is possible to carefully split the cartridges open and reload them with new film.

The camera in the picture, above, is a Kodak Ektra, made in 1942.  It uses 35mm film and it is still in working condition.  In fact, I occasionally take it out and use it.
It cost more than $500 when it was new in 1942 and, now, in the condition it is in, it is worth $2,000 to $3,000 if you find the right buyer.
So, I only take it out once in a while.  Like cars, cameras need to be used every so often or else they stop working.  On the other hand, I don't want to wear it out or break it.

The reason I showed you a picture is because that camera is completely manual.  It doesn't even use batteries.  Completely "clockwork."
So many people are used to having automatic cameras and they don't understand that those automatic things don't work flawlessly every time.  There are conditions that automatic systems can't handle.  Sometimes, you need to take the camera out of automatic mode and use it manually.

Showing you a completely manual camera was kind of a joke...  Here!  Try this camera!  bear_happy  bear_happy  bear_happy

durban

soory i havnt replied getting ready for a Teddy Bear Fare In Cape Town have done nothing yet about a light box will give it a go when i get back from Le Cape ,You enjoy your collection i was very stupid in my younger days threw stuff away thats now worth lots of money  oh well will we ever learn
Hugs

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Part of the reason that camera is so valuable is because only a couple thousand were made and most of them got broken, lost or were tossed in the trash.

So...  Yeah...  Go ahead and toss those cameras in the bin!  It makes my cameras worth more!  bear_happy   bear_tongue  bear_whistle

Board footer