Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

I cut out the pattern and I have no idea what happened to the fur but I now do not have enough for one part of my rabbit's ear.  The inner ear will be wool felt with embroidery but I don't have enough to match the outer ear.  Further problem is I cant get the fur any more that I have cut the rabbit out of.  Does anyone have any suggestions so I don't have to start all over again and waste the fur I have already cut out?  I have tried to look for something similar but as I can only order online I cant really be sure that the colour would be similar.  So any suggestions as to how I can get out of this one?

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Leanne, do you have two outer ears cut out?  Or only one?

Hugs,

Gail

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Only one, I swear I had marked out two  bear_sad

Long Beach, CA

Leanne, what color is your rabbit?  White?   

Hugs,

Gail

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Cream coloured mohair used.

Long Beach, CA

Leanne, could you mail a swatch of the mohair to your mohair supplier and ask to purchase the closest match?

Hugs,

Gail

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Do you know the style and color codes for the mohair?  Maybe someone had a little piece that we can send to you.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Gail, yes I think that is what I will need to do.

Jane, unfortunately no, the fur I chose was amongst my stash so I don't know the code.

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

I have done this before, lost an ear where i was sure i had marked and cut it out. I had to go back and cut out another but found the original had fallen under the sofa! Do you think maybe it slipped somewhere?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Can you not do contrasting ears?

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Ditto what Jenny said Contrast ears and maybe tail and /or paws in a different fur to give continuity.

Board footer