Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi everyone,

It has been a while (a long while bear_sad ) since I have posted some photos of my hug here on TT, but don’t let that fool you, my hug is still growing at a steady pace.  bear_whistle

As long as you guys and gals keep on making wonderful teddy bears, there will always be some of them that tug at my heartstrings. 
Although I still have a soft spot for the big teddy bears, I did notice that lately also smaller teddies are finding their way to my heart and to my hug. bear_smile
These three little ones recently joined my hug bear_wub :

First of all: “Vissertje” ("little fisher") by Pink Veen (Veen-bears), a wonderfully sweet little teddy, dressed in a faux fur vest and hat and wearing around his neck a teddy amulet, made from Murano glass.  Pink also provided him with his very own fishing rod and with a beautiful little Murano glass fish. bear_thumb

1406383530_vissertje10_small.jpg
1406383571_vissertje05_small.jpg
1406383608_vissertje01_small.jpg

1406383715_vissertje13_small.jpg"Did you know that I once caught a fish THAT BIG!"  (Vissertje is bragging to his friend Harry, a teddy made by Joanne Kelly Livingston)

And these two little rascals are called “Little Bitty John” and “Little Bitty Neeta”, both made by Michelle Doig (Padfield Bears).  They look a bit scruffy, but they have such adorable expressions, that I couldn’t resist them. bear_thumb

1406383907_little_bitty_neeta_amp_john14_small.jpg
1406383964_little_bitty_neeta_amp_john08_small.jpg
1406384008_neetaampjohn03_small.jpg

Thanks to Teddy Talk I can now enjoy the company of these three cuties! bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Every one of those wee teds are adorable, Peter!  You have a great eye for quality craftsmanship!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Wonderful little bears, and they really come alive in the photos! bear_original

Becky

Thank you Pink, SueAnn & Becky.  We (the bears and I) are happy that you like them.  bear_flower

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

They are all beautiful bears! I love all the set ups in the photos also, that looks like a fabulous pond in the first pics  bear_wub

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Ohhh Thank you Peter bear_flower bear_wub bear_flower you know I can't tell you how good it is to see you really enjoying your hug (and of course totally delighted that mine are lucky enough to be part of it  bear_wub). Collectors corner needs more lovelies to look at as it nearly always seems to be valuations these days.
michelle

edmondnutmeg wrote:

Collectors corner needs more lovelies to look at as it nearly always seems to be valuations these days.
michelle

Thanks Michelle, I couldn't agree more with you!  bear_thumb

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

I knew you had a wonderful hug of large teddies - now you have some wonderful little guys as well!  Always like to see your hug, Peter!

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Such a sweet trio! Little bears are a good thing too- they fit so nicely in big bear's laps bear_original

Thank you Thelma & Chris.   :rose:
You're right Chris: small bears are ideal in combination with big bears.   bear_smile

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Peter those bears and photos are just adorable!

Thank you, Laura.   bear_flower

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Peter

I just love the way you really capture the bear's character and expressions through your clever photography.

I think you should make a 'beary' calendar with a different, wonderful photo for each month  bear_laugh

Hugs

Lisa x

Thank you for the suggestion, Lisa!  bear_thumb

@Edmond....agreed. It's gotten quiet here since LitWit and Us_Bears left, it's gone to all this "oh hi this bear was my grandmother's, how much is it worth?", which I find rather cynical and shallow.
Those of us who are real bear collectors need to share more and take the string back- I'll be sharing a project soon that I think everyone will find fascinating bear_original

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

You have such adorable bears and a wonderful story to go along with them! You made my day, THANK YOU!

Ernie

Thank you Ernie!  :rose:

I am looking forward to your project, Chris.  Does it involve BIG bears?   bear_whistle

Newfangled_Artist Middlesbrough

These are lovely Peterbear! I love all their facial expressions and how they've been posed for the photos. But, the Little Bitty John and Little Bitty Neeta one made me smile the most! It was impossible not to, I love how one of them is smiling right at the camera as though he's happy to see who's looking, or has a funny little joke he wants to say. Warming photos and wonderfully made bears!

Thank you Heather.  I really appreciate your comments.   bear_thumb

@peterbear, I think you will  like what I'm up to....you know those lovely  finetoy pandas and polar bears I love so much? I ended up getting one that was damaged beyond repair, so I didn't have to feel guilty disassembling him to copy the pattern. I have a "soft copy" done to paper so far, while I'm up visiting my folks I'll get a durable copy made, then it'll be time for fun with clones :)

black bear version first, I think with an open mouth.

@BlackmoonBear: it sounds like a great idea, Chris.  Sometimes a bear that is beyond repair, can still "live on" through its pattern.
A few years ago Joanne Kelly Livingston (Desertmountainbears) had a small vintage teddy that literally "fell apart".  Joanne carefully unstitched all the pieces, redrew the pattern and made a few exact replica's.  In every bear she stitched a small piece of the original fabric, so every replica contains a small piece of the original old bear.  Coincidentally that's the bear you can see on the photo above ("Harry").  bear_smile

I wish we could do that with humans....but I digress...

I do something close to that, but more precipitously. I'll need to keep all the pieces around through the first few incarnations for reference until I'm sure I "have it right" if you know what I mean, then once I'm confident that the pattern has passed into my personal vernacular I'll add the pieces to the stuffing of a single bear. No ambiguity that way, that particular bear is the "reincarnation".

all that heavy stuff aside, this will be fun. I'll get to play with the second of my two all time favorite designs, and see if I can make someone perfect bear_original

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

My goodness, your bears are sooooo sweet!  Love them!  Love your camera work, too.  It is just fantastic and makes me want to go out and get a new camera...lol. bear_original

Thank you, Esther.  That's very kind of you.   bear_flower   Teddy bears are a great subject for any photographer.  bear_smile

LitWit Posts: 298

Peter, I always LOVE seeing pictures of your bears! bear_wub

BlackmoonBear wrote:

@Edmond....agreed. It's gotten quiet here since LitWit and Us_Bears left [...]

I realized lately how much I've been neglecting TeddyTalk.  bear_sad My immediate family have been taking turns being REALLY sick ever since the end of Lent, and they've only recently gotten more stable. Now I have a little more free time and a lot less worry, and I'm hungry for some Teddy Talk.  bear_tongue Plus, I'm on the hunt for this year's "birthday bear." bear_original

Board footer