Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

AliyaBH Posts: 10

Hi all,
I recently bought two pairs of painted glass eyes, but I would love to give it a try at painting my own and of different sizes (I have two very special original characters who have very particular eyes, one has het eyes-one blue, one brown- in certain shades) whom I would love to bring to life one day.
I have had quite a time with searching for eyes for teddy bear and animal making that are supplied within Australia and have had little luck, what I have found is quite pricey (I would love to use Taxidermy eyes one day for example but these will have to wait some years till I'm more practiced), and I did luck onto some glass teddy eyes I can use for small and mini bears when I'm up to making those.
But I really love the idea and flexibility of making my own in terms of painting already made ones.
I stumbled across the link to Edinburgh, not sure of the conversion rates and if it will work out in a good price, but would love to know if there are any suppliers closer to home?

I've done searches on ebay but not many clear glass eyes seem to pop up.  bear_ermm
I'm more then able to find nail polish in so many local stores, but no such luck with teddy making supplies (so far I've purchased the bulk of mine from Emma's Bears  bear_wub ).
Any idea's warmly welcomed <3
~Aliya

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The two places that I know of in Australia are Beary Cheap and Gerry's . . . have you looked on their websites?

AliyaBH Posts: 10

Thank you SueAnn!
Had a browse on both sites and found some clear ones on Gerry's bear_grin

Board footer