Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

PlushPuppy Posts: 110

The last nose I coated with PVA glue which worked, however I noticed if it got wet it would peel off. So I'm wondering if there's a better option for varnish to give a shiny wet doggy nose look. I had though of gloss modelling varnish but I'm not sure if it will work on rubber, or what else will. The nose is one of the 'soft touch' rubber ones off mohairbearsupplies.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Well anything that's soft under a hard top coat will be susceptible to surface cracking. That said clear nail polish won't go soggy when wet

Nail polish I never thought of that! Thank you! bear_original  Does it have to be actual polish though or will nail strengthened varnish do the same job? As I already have a bottle of that, but I've never seen anywhere selling clear nail polish bear_laugh

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Nail varnish is the same thing...

I made a mistake with the name, it's not varnish, it's nail strengthening solution. Not sure what exactly is in it, but I tried it out on one of my spare noses and it's worked great. I coated it twice to make sure and it's dried nice and glossy and waterproof. Gives a better finish than PVA too.

Board footer