Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

bo2.jpgbo6.jpgbo4.jpgI've been practicing like mad, making muslin bear heads and bear parts until I have a box full. Finally I committed a pattern to (synthetic) fur and here he is:

Please meet Bo, my first effort at an original design. He is 11" tall and about 8" when sitting. He has wool felt paw pads and I when I made him I tried out a lot of techniques I learned from all of you right here at TT. Thank you again!!

Although I'm new at this, I'm serious about making bears and want to continually improve so constructive feedback is very welcomed!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

He is simply glorious! I love him. Wonderful job Bonnie!

Many Hugs Louise

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

what a great bear and a wonderful job on your first design well done

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Wow, aren't you the fast learner.  He's great.

Marion

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I truly think he's fantastic, amazing that is your first pattern in fur!  You've embroidered his nose beautifully and I love his sculpted toes - great job - keem 'em coming :)

Hugs
Catherine

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Marvellous bear ! Absolutely wonderful ! His face is so beautiful... And those eyes !  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW! The eyes are stunning! Love the tootsies too!  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My goodness, Bonnie . . . this looks like a bear from a seasoned professional!  Beautiful work and congratulations on such a superb first in-the-fur bear!

Thank you all for the generous comments.

Like I said, I've been practicing hard at bear-making... and I've had some great teachers here. I know I haven't ask a lot of questions (yet) but I have spent hours searching posts for different things. So far all the questions I've had have already been ask and answered... plus some answers I didn't even have questions for yet!! LOL

Here at TT I feel like a student to some of the best 'bear masters' around. I really appreciate the supportive, sharing and caring atmosphere here.

TT ROCKS!! Woohoo!! :dance:

Thanks again!!

many hugs  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bonnie, this bear is absolutely wonderful.  I'm surprised at his relatively small size, for such dense and lush plush pile.  You'll be delighted when you "graduate" to mohair, because it's so much easier to sew and turn.

You should be very, very proud indeed.  Lovely!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub  What's to criticize??  Bonnie you're an amazingly fast study!!!   bear_thumb  That bear is ACE from his sculpted toes, to his gorgeous eyes ~ wow!!!  bear_wub

Thanks Deb and Shelli,

You girls are way too nice... :redface:  ...not that I mind! bear_original

Shelli wrote:

You'll be delighted when you "graduate" to mohair, because it's so much easier to sew and turn.

Boy, I'm glad to hear that! I like long, thick plush, but there were times while making this bear I was ready to pull out my hair and the bears too!! lol bear_laugh  bear_laugh

bear_original

Pipa UK

i absolutley LOVE this guy he is amazing!!!!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Bonnie
Bo is absolutely Terrific :clap:  :clap:  - as someone said already from his cutie toes to his beautiful nose he is a wonder bear_flower  bear_flower  - terrific work bear_thumb  bear_thumb
:hug:
Anne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Bonnie, what a beautiful coat he has, but if he lives in the wooly woods of Missouri, he needs it.  What a lucious bear you have made.  Truly beautiful.

dilu

Thank you ladies!  :redface:

You truly warm my heart! bear_wub

Many hugs    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow,totally amazing for your first effort!!What talent you have!!  bear_thumb   :dance:   :dance:   :clap:

Thank you Shari.  :hug: 

Beary hugs

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

He is gorgeous, Bonnie!!! bear_wub  bear_wub

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Bonnie, your bears is adorable! I love his face and muzzle You did a great job! bear_grin  :hug:

Julia

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Totally gorgeous and oh so huggable!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He's just Lovely Bonnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL, JUST WONDERFUL JOB.
He's in wonderful proportion, his toes are glorious. His nose is fantastic. LOve his eyes and facial expression.

You have a wonderful future ahead of you as a bear artist. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will be looking forward to seeing more! bear_flower

Matilda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Bonnie you have created such a lovely Bear - and for your first made with fur.
Those eyes are so lovely..... what a great job.

Thank you all so much! I can tell you though, if it wasn't for my education here at TT, Bo would have been a very difffernt bear! So thank you... again! :hug:  :hug:

smiles and hugs,

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

He's gorgeous. Your possibilities are endless. You've taken the first step down that road limited only by what your imagination dares to dream up. Go for it bear_thumb
Ann

Board footer