Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

DancingHare DancingHare Designs
Virginia
Website

I've looked in my books but been able to find any clues about this bear so I thought I would ask some experts! I don't know anything about his age or manufacturer, he has no marks or tags.

He is about 13 inches standing, with chocolate colored fur that I believe is synthetic. His paw pads are felt, but I do not know if they have been replaced. The most distinctive thing about him is his original eye, it is black with a white felt backing. It feels like wood but I am not 100% sure. It is definitely not glass though. He also looks to have had a felt tongue at one time, there's a small spot of red underneath his mouth stitching. His head is very large too. Thank you to anyone who can help!

Debbie Five Shelbyville, TN

OMG!   I have the same bear! He was my very first and he was a hand me down from my brother. I know he is from the early 50's or possibly sooner. A pic of mine is on page 2 under my post that says "Some Bears In My Bear Cave." I would love to find out too, who this little guy is. I call mine Little Tim. ~ Debbie 5
Here is Little Tim with BoBo

Virginia
Website

Oh wow that's so neat! I will have to tell Oscar about his brother :D

I haven't had any luck finding him in my books yet.

Virginia
Website

Just updating here because I found a listing on eBay that appears to be the same as our bear here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Character-C … 33a7adc371

In the description the seller guesses that it is made by the Character company, between 1928 and 1930. I don't know if this is accurate or not because it doesn't appear to have any markings, but certainly interesting. I am going to keep an eye on that auction for sure!

Board footer