Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BananaBear Posts: 3

Hi guys, around 5-6 years ago I started making teddy bears and I loved it! I had to give up because my financial situation changed and mohair is so expensive but now I want to get back into it. I want to try to start making artist bears and I'm not sure if I should start with miniatures or bigger ones. I don't have a huge amount of space as I rent a room in a house. Which would you recommend? Also where do I start? Are there any online videos or patterns? I like more modern looking bears with big cuddly paws. Any advice on how to get started would be much appreciated I've missed it so much but I felt like I was restricted to traditional teddy bears before and now I want to make cuter ones!

BananaBear Posts: 3

Hi and thanks for answering my question! Yes I have been scouring through the internet and I have found a few patterns that I like so I am going to start experimenting! Hopefully it isn't too disastrous! hehe! I will keep you posted I just wish I had more room!!!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

In this same part of the forum, right below your posts, check out the post about online lessons from Teddy Bear Academy. You could also look for a few good used bear making books, and a kit can be a good way to re-start your bear adventures! (Our site sponsor, Intercal, might be a good place to look for a kit.)
Becky

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

All good advice above. Just dive in and getting making as soon as your bear takes shape you will be keen to start another. Trail and error is great way to learn and learning what goes wrong is as valuable as what goes right. It will be like riding a bike and I'm sure you will be surprised how much you remember and your not alone I think we would all love some more 'bear' space  bear_grin
Happy bear making  bear_original
michelle

Board footer