Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Christina Posts: 978
Website

I now have a website: http://animal-pawtraits.jimdo.com

If you have any suggestions for improvement, I'd by happy to have some feedback. Thank you!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Christina, your work is outstanding!  I noticed, however, that your creations are not for sale - where do all those excellent animals go?  Your website is very easy to navigate and I appreciate that you have the text in English, also.  Good work.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Christina,  I agree with SueAnn: the website looks good and is easy to navigate.  bear_thumb
My first impression was that the "NEU" tab would show us your newest creations (for sale); but apparently it is not your intention to sell any of your beautiful creations through your website. bear_shocked
I was also wondering if you should put in a link to your FB page (if you have one)?

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

wow, Christina!  I love your website, too.  Your cats are phenomenal!   Maybe some day you'll sell them?????

Christina Posts: 978
Website

Thank you very much for your feedback! bear_flower

Peter, I'm not on FB.
SueAnn, some of the animals I've given to friends or relatives.

The reason I don't want to sell my animals is because sewing them is like a therapy for me. I work at a cancer registry, and though I don't see the patients themselves, only their data, it still means being occupied with sickness and death every day. Making life-like animals is my way to keep this in balance. Besides, I have some health problems including depressions, and here again my hobby is like therapy. I';m afraid this would change if I start selling them, that it would just cause me more stress and no longer be helpful. Maybe it's silly, I don't know, but I'm not yet ready to change it. Maybe someday...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I think you're in good company here, Christina. Bear-making and collecting are such good ways to deal with some of life's stresses, and sometimes even depression. Many of us have experienced these same kinds of problems, and you have found a wonderful form of therapy. (I've also noticed that "bear people" are some of the kindest and best--another source of warm support in difficult times.)

Becky

Board footer