Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I bought this cutie at an estate sale for seven (yes, s-e-v-e-n) dollars.   (Love those estate sales!).   I was wondering if anyone here recognizes him.   He has those baby bear feet and a brown tipped mohair, quite worn, straw stuffed.   I was googling today, but can't quite figure him out!   Every time I google "antique teddy bear with baby bear feet," i get pictures of a baby with a teddy bear.   I've named him Einstein because of that wild hair.     Any ideas??  Thanks!

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

I felt sure that I had seen this bear type in one of my reference books but no - it must be because he reminds me of one of the Steiff Teddy Baby from the 1930's BUT the ears are too low down on yours and the nose stitching is vertical on the Steiffs (they also re issued some similar in the 1950's). He also reminds me of some of the Hermann & Co bears of the 1950/60's but he doesn't have the bent paws? Try googling antique /vintage standing teddy bear?
Well whoever made him he's lovely and is yours now bear_original bear_wub

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

thanks, I will try that!!    I wish I knew what those type of feet are called....baby bear feet????

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You chose the right name for him.  bear_wub

Becky

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What if he’s a Chiltern that’s had nose and maybe also eyes replaced at some point?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/493918284109802985/

https://www.teddybear-museum.co.uk/prod … paulo-cruz

Becky

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Wow, I didn't even know Chiltern made baby bears!!!  Thanks, Becky,  that's definitely a possibility.

TheGypsyDove (was) The 4 Claws Company
Lancaster,VA

the bear reminds me of cramer teddy bears or schuco. He most likely German.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

It's really very interesting ..... I sent an email to both Rebekah Kaufmann and Daniel Agnew, and Daniel thought it might be a Hermann bear and Rebekah thought it might be a Jopi bear, Moritz bear or Cramer!   I love him whoever he is!  (and he's not saying)  bear_wub

Board footer