Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

cid_image011.jpg-01C62577LOL
Can you believe this?
Poor puppy, at least she is sporting a teddy! LOL bear_grin

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Wow, that's pretty cool, but strange. Poor dog. I wonder how long it had to stand still to have that done.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hey Tami... a while back... burried in a post of a completely different topic... I mentioned that I had met a dog groomer at the grocery store... she saw that I was covered in fur and was trying to guess what kind of dog I have (don't have ANY... it was mohair!)  Anyway, to make a long story short... after the initial embarassment wore off for both of us... She invited me to pop by her shop to watch her do some "poodle sculpting!"  I learned so much about how to hold scissors... how to angle trimmers... how to brush in a certain direction before you cut, etc.... I highly recommend that you girls give it a try if you've never seen a good dog groomer at work!  It's amazing, so helpful... now I sort of know what I am doing rather than just snipping away wildly and hoping for the best.... I still do a bit of that though!  If you don't have hair cutting experience... people or animal.... it's just so helpful!  I thought my scissors were expensive until I saw all the stuff she has.... REALLY expensive! 

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thank you Tami, after reading Danni's sad post, yours helped make me smile again. :clap:

dilu

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

LOL  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
bear_grin  bear_grin

boy ...... WOW ......my dog could take some lessons from this beauitful young lady. LOL

that is cool!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_grin Actually you'll find poodles adore being sculpted, and the center of attention.  For the record, to hand scissor a (standard) poodle, you can spend anywhere from 2 to 3 hours....and that's with the dog and groomer standing the whole time.  Much of it does depend on knowing when to quit, but for the more elaborate grooms, it can be extremely time consuming....

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm thinking that whoever chose the art work on this dog was/is a hippie!?
Nothing wrong with that, mind you! I married one!
Wonder what kind of paint they used. Looks airbrushed!

Kim is right.... a bit of time with a groomer and you'll learn a lot about scissor sculpting bears! And you may even learn how to cut your bangs straight!!! Hee Hee!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

oh my....that is quite something!!

tee hee...would be a bit hard to do that with our dog - she's a fox terrible and has the shortest hair ever - maybe I'll just have to paint her instead!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I can appreciate it ....but my goodness I hate it...It looks like a growth on the side of the dog. Just my opinion, mind. To quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park...'Just because you can do something doesn't mean to say you should'

On one hand I understand why poodles get clipped in the 'poodly' way..something to do with swimming I think. I think it shows a lack of respect for the animal to clip a teddy and a toadstool on its side....yuck!!

Clever though....

I couldn't do it on mine..they wouldn't sit still!!!

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I'm with Jenny. Just 'cause you can, doesn't mean you should.

Jennyn - I just got Teddy Bear Review and guess which little pretty rabbit I saw? That wonderful little guy you shared with us a couple of months ago. They did a feature on Shoppes and Sue Pearson's shoppe was one of the shoppes. I still think he is a smashing bunny.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Oh Jared thanks!!! I got a scan of it yesterday via a lovely customer/ friend/bear artist...who's a star...I keep telling her to join this list!!

They (Sue Pearsons) don't have that rabbit...they are having a similar one...soon.....aaaaaaaargh!

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Shoot Kim....Now you've told everyone my 'secret to trimming bears'....dog trimming tools....being a dog groomer and dog show fanatic all my life bear_rolleyes  bear_grin

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Glenys... I didn't mean to give away any secrets!!!!!  bear_wub  :hug:  You doggies folks have a serious "leg up" on the rest of us!!!!! That wasn't mean to be a joke... but it  could  be... get it... "leg up!"

If I was running a teddy bear artistry school... that would be one of out filed trips... off to the dog groomer.  What a demanding job too!  i watched a show poodle being groomed and she took about 2 and 1/2 hours on him!  Plus, the sweeties that they work on move around!!!!  It's so much easier to work on a stationary subject that you can even hold upside down when it suits you!

Kim Basta
Wild thyme Originals

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow I just love that Poodle...I wonder what the dog thinks of it though!

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

that looks one unhappy Poodle don't it?  bear_sad

you can't blame it either !

wonder what it's got on the other side? Statue of Liberty.......the American Eagle......"I Love Mom"??????

It's funny though  bear_laugh   bear_grin   bear_tongue

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

That's where I got my bear clipping experience...from cutting my 3 boys hair ( yrs. ago) and 2 dogs... plus I still have one dog to clip ( and a balding husband )...over the years I learned by making mistakes...poor boys ..the dogs don't care ...Lol ...hubby is actually the hardest to cut...you have to figure out how you can clip and make it look like more hair...lol....Winney

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

It looks like there could be new trend out there?  Pretty wierd and cool at the same time.

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada
lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Too much glamour for my dogs!  They would prefer to roll in something stinky and green.... bear_grin
Joan

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Well now!  That's certainly an interesting look.  I'm sure it looks even more interesting in person.  That doggie looks to me like he/she is saying, "What did I do to deserve such art?"   bear_happy

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer