Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

HELPPPP !!! Well. I did start it last night ..... all I need to do is finish it.
Anyone have any guidlines? This is for my web site...so it won't be too long ..like you can say more for a magazine or perhaps a press release.... Winney

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Winney, I'm not sure what "the right way" is... but I took a look at a bunch of other websites and got an idea of what I wanted to say about myself on mine.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I don't think there is right or wrong either.

I hate mine, so don't go look! Time to re-do it. I'd like it to be professional sounding yet human and down to earth. I enjoy reading about a few personal things about artists.... not every detail... but things that one might have in common with that person.... a cancer patient, has triplets, loves horses, is a gardener or quilter.... that sort of thing... as well as knowing why they got into bear making, etc. I've gotten loads of responses from diabetics (not sure my current bio says anything about that tho) and wheaten terrier owners. It's fun to make connections like that. You're bears are more apt to stick in their mind, I think, if they can make a connection or really appreciate your story.

Not sure this has helped you....

Good luck!

:hug: Daphne

White City, Oregon

I just knew youd all give me some good advice...I will go take a look at your web site..
Daphne ...maybe we all should go see yours...lol  we can help each other..??? Good idea to include those things that are relative  about your bears...and to tell a little about yourself to make the human connection...

I did go find some bear artist bios on the net and tried to choose someone who seemed a lot like me or covered the task well enough....then I used theirs as an example only to write mine from...thats a hard way to go...and lo and behold I did find a place that gave some tips on writing a bio..now..that helped me better to see just how much to include and what.

I do think this is something many of could use some help with, especially the  beginners....there are a lot of artist/teachers  here that could probably come up with a simple guideline? DO THE TALENTED PEOPLE HEAR ME ?...YOHOO !!!  ..... .DON'T YALL  THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT THING TO PUT INTO THE TUTORIALS ?
ok ...thanks for all the tips everyone...love this bunch !..... Winney

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So, can you give us a link to the place you found on writing bios?????

Stay away from my bio page or I'll take the whole thing down!  bear_tongue   bear_grin  HA!!!

White City, Oregon

LOl....LOl....LOL   TOO LATE!!!!! .I already looked at it,,he, he.. Actually your About me page is fine...If I can help here.....the only thing I could say that could be  changed is the selection of some of the words...I think I would just simplify some of the Long words...like you suggested...down to earth ? Hope you don't get offended...you said you hated it...hmmm, I really struggle with the written word and sometimes put in too much...maybe that is what you feel you did ? ....OK..Now. I will go and try to find that link...oh wait, its right here on paper...DUH...here it is....

How to Write a Great Bio   http://www.utut.essortment.com/howwritebio_rfin.htm

Resumes are on this site too.... and other stuff...donch just love the word " stuff"......Winney

White City, Oregon

Wow ...I just realized Daphne your About me is PERFECT !!! IT is really full of life..so Id say leave it alone!!! I

NOw,..I need to get to wrk on my page...struggle, struggle, struggle...... Winney

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

You can check out my website and my 'about me' page. I have gotten compliments on it, one suggestion that I did not follow up on was to make it, oh, gee I don't remember how I have mine written, from another person talking about me......I think.......does that make sense? I guess I better go back and read mine again so I know what I'm talking about...... :D
Yup, that's it, just re-read my bio and the suggestion was to make it read not from Me, but from someone else writing about me. Hope that makes sense.  :hug:  good luck whatever you do.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

THanks, Winney,
I do tend to be very, very wordy!!! :)
I'll have a look at it next week... need to add my workshop schedule and a few other things too.
Gotta finish a bear or two first before I fire myself! bear_laugh

White City, Oregon

No Daphne...yours is perfect..Lots of us are wordy....especially me,  I have a hard time seperating the details form the facts...hmmm, is that because I live in a fantasy world? errrrr...nope, not always....I live in a fabtasy world when I want to...he,he...

I think I am just a " detail" person ...they say creative people are " lateral" thinkers , they take alot of side roads in their thought process...which is great because we never settle right away on just one solution , we instead say
" what if" ...other people like bookeepers ,are point A to point B  people...they get right to the point.....my brother is like that....I think I drive him nuts sometimes...then ,many of us are a mix of both types...See...here I am analyzing stuff again...

Oh Ellen that idea about writing a bio like  another person  is writing about me is the best ! It would even be better if they would just write it..LOL....now, who can I get to do that? I did get it written but don't like it...I need to say more about my bearsa and less about me...will work on that again today.... Winney

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Maggie Iacono's bio page is neat... love the photos she's included.
http://maggiemadedolls.com/bio.html

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Blow your own trumpet Winney - all the things that you know you're good at.

This is an opportunity to let the world know how great you are.

Go For It   :clap:

Penny  bear_thumb

Board footer