Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

heidisteiner.jpgcindymcguire.jpgbearguys-pediddle.jpgbearguys-bluepanda.jpgbearguys.jpgBack to the artists... Steven Clark and Shane Elliott, The Bear Guys from Waterloo, ON, Canada, are enjoying their first Toy Fair. Well, I think so, at least. Steven admitted he finds it “nerve-wracking” and said he felt a bit queasy at first. But then he said, “It’s a totally different world from the collectibles market, a completely different market—it’s a grander scale. We’re reaching stores instead of collectors, so it makes us look at the bear world from a different perspective, meet different people.” That’s important for spreading the word about bears, of course.
The guys said they think New York is fabulous. “The blizzard makes it that much better,” said Shane. “The snow makes us feel at home,” added Steven.
Shane admitted to lots of sleepless nights preparing for the show. “We do it because we love it.”
“I can’t imagine life without bears,” said Steven. “We looked for a niche, for a market for years, and we’ve found it in bears. We would be making them even if we weren’t selling them. We love them.”

- Steven and Shane
- Blue panda “Happy Happy” is an open edition.
- “Spike,” with the brown nose, is one-of-a-kind. The little guys in the background are, from left, “Pediddle,” “Cocoa,” and “Pedoodle.” (Do you ever say “pediddle” when you see oncoming cars with only one headlight?)

Cindy McGuire and Heidi Steiner are sharing a stand. Cindy reported she’s been to two shows (Spamalot and Hairspray) and the Met. “You’ve gotta work the fun stuff in!” she told me. Both of them reported that it had been a busy morning, and they had seen many familiar faces. They’re hoping to meet new people over the course of the week, of course.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OHHHH  the Bear Guys are too cute, and so are their bears.....Lovely ladies, and love the hats..what fun..

Thank you Mindy....but it is so late there....nearly 11 PM,  aren't you exhausted?

thank you so much, from everyone at TT....thank you so very much!

dilu

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Heidi has created some wonderful Hippos. One in pink, blue, and grey.
I need to get Cindy to distract Heidi so I can help myself to a couple of the Hippos.  bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cindy and Heidi were both inspirations to me when I first started out; it's great to see photos of them with their work!  Sometimes it's hard to put a face with a name when you're new and not able to get out to a lot of the shows, esp. on the east coast.  Great to see them.

I also know Shane a bit from some Yahoo groups I used to belong to; he's incredibly funny and just has a great spirit.

Gee, now I really wish I were there in person!!!  Seems like a great "party" of bearmakers!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great to put faces on those famous names!  Love what you're doing, Mindy!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Your right Shelli, if you want to have fun at a show just get a booth next to Shane and Steve.  You are guaranteed to never stop laughing.  I've helped Deborah Burnham at a few shows in Ottawa, and the guys have been next to us.   It was definitely a blast.
It's also fun to see pictures of artists that you don't know and see if the pictures match what you think they might look like.  Great job Mindy.

Hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks very much Mindy .... great to be able to see a Toy Fair, on the other side of the world.
We really appreciate you taking the photos and sharing with us all.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

fantastic !!   :clap: 
Thanks so much for sharing  photos , Mindy !!  :hug:

Marie

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:bday:  Looks like a party all right  :bday:   LOVED the blue panda!!!  One thing that I have truly noticed is how meticulous the bears are made....each and every one lovingly created, with their very own personality....

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Great pictures and lovely bears.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Good report Mindy, thanks once again. I wish I could have experienced this with you...mind you I'm not too keen on the NY snow!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Board footer