Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

aurora-unnamed.jpgaurora-elvis.jpgfiesta-polar.jpgfiesta-friends.jpgruxpin-toy.jpgFinally, for gifts or kids or just-for-fun-when-you-crave-a-bear-but-don’t-have-a-ton-of-cash:

- Teddy Ruxpin is back! He’s telling stories to a new generation of kids. Director of Marketing Helen Hames told us that they got preorders from parents who want Teddy for their 20-something kids and from young parents who want to share a favorite childhood toy with their children. I told her that our crowd collects the originals—but might want a new digital version for their grandkids.
- Fiesta has bears sure to get on my good side: the line is named Teddy Bears with Friends! There’s a cowboy with cow, beach bum with dolphin, and safari guy with wild animal.
- We also saw a nice polar bear on all fours in the Fiesta booth. Big—at least two feet tall and a yard long.
- At the Aurora booth, we saw a dancing bear dressed as Elvis and who sings the King’s songs.
- A cute Aurora teddy is a mid-year introduction, so didn’t even have a name when we saw him.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How cute!  again the pictures are fantastic!

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

They all look incredibly soft; just how we like 'em!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful, wonderful stuff!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear Mindy, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for going to all the trouble of taking these photos and posting them for all of us.  I've just been through them all and loved seeing it all - I can't even begin to imagine just how HUGE it is!!  I'm glad you and the show survived the snow storm!  :clap:   

Thanks again,
Catherine

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I would love the Elvis bear...too cute!
Thanks for all the reports and taking time to share all the pictures with us Mindy.  bear_thumb

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Thank you, thank you Mindy! This has been a huge treat for all of us--I love the polar bear!

Eileen

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Mindy,  bear_flower   
You're giving us all a wonderful walking tour through pictures.  What a gift!  Thank you.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Mindy, Thankyou for your wonderful reports.  I really appreciate the peek into the toy fair world.  Being so far away I never thought I'd be able to see this, but you've made it possible.  A round of applause for you and your camera :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

wow Mindy,
thanks so much for great photos and the great report !

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_thumb Great pics Mindy!!  bear_thumb

This will sound incredibly dense, but at this Toy Fair, are these bears for sale?  Or are they the demo, and you place the order with the people at the booth?

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The bears are for sale. The artist bears tend to be one-of-a-kind, so they mark them "sold" and their buyers either pick them up at the end of the show or the artists ship them when they get home. Editions and manufacturer bears are samples for order-taking.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Thanks for explaining Mindy  bear_flower

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Great reporting and wonderful pictures, Thanks again.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Mum & I do open editions. On Tuesday & Wednesday we allow our buyers to pick up the bears/bunnies that they have purchased.

Board footer