Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Sandra Mayer Posts: 6

Hi!  I'm a brand new membear today!  So forgive me if my first posting is rambling!:rolleyes: Anyway, not sure if we're allowed to do this, but here goes!:D:D:D I am totally desperate in my search for my new favorite mohair.  Why you ask?  Well... Most of my early business, before mommyhood, was with Helen Copeland of Animal Haus, Cincinnati.  Helen told me she could never sell a gray bear.  So... I NEVER bought any gray mohair.  A few months ago, as I was really starting to make bears again, I placed the  first order with Intercal that I had made in at least three years.  Looking at my old swatches, I decided to try 750K in Gray, not pale gray, not steel gray, just gray.  Wouldn't ya know, I got the very last piece that Joanna could find, only 1/3 yard.:(:(:(  It would figure that I absolutely loved that darn bear:D.  Of course I also wanted a large fountain for my garden, which at the time took precedence, so I sold it on eBay.:(:o:P
My question to you wonderful, caring, generous bear artists out there is this:  Would anyone be willing to part with this fur for some cold hard cash?:D:D:D  I would be sooo grateful.  bear_original:):)  thanks so much in advance!  Sandy

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Sandra, Sorry but I can't help with the mohair but a great big welcome to Teddy Talk. Please post again and let us get to know you more.
Hugs
Jane.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Welcome Sandra.  Since you dealt with Helen in Cincinnati, does this mean that you are from the Cincinnati area?  Just wondering if there is another bear maker here from Ohio.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww  Sandy

I'm sorry I can't help you

BUT

Boy am I glad you came to play!:D:D
I hope you stay with us!  We have a lot of fun and there is always room for another beary nice new friend!

Dilu

We have a lot of fun....I hope someone will be able to help you....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sandy, a huge welcome to Teddy Talk!!  I have an unbelievable supply of mohair and would gladly share with you, except that's one quality I don't have. bear_sad bear_sad  I do have some gray fur, but not that precise one.  Anyway, we're glad you're here . . . come often!  bear_laugh

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh welcome!!   You're going to love it here.  I'm sorry I can't help out with the mohair, but I'm sure you'll find someone who can!

Danni

Thanks to all of you wonderful bear artists for your welcoming replies!  Boo Hoo on the mohair so far...  I am certainly glad to be re-connecting with the bear community.  I miss the shows and comraderie, but with a little one...  EEKS!!!  Some day...  And yes, Millie, I have lived in Alliance , Ohio all of my life.  (Except for time off for good behavior- Mom shipped me off to Australia for a year in high school.)  Alliance is about 15 miles east of Canton on Rte. 62.  Are you close??? 
Hugs to all, Sandy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Belated welcome, Sandy :D

I checked back on the piece of grey mohair I bought on eBay some time back, but it's not yours. It came from a lady in the UK. Sorry.

I think grey bears are wonderful!

Eileen

Ohio

Sandra,

I live in Knox county, in the Mount Vernon area, so not too far away.  Do you plan to do any shows in the area?  I will be in Columbus in July and in Strongsville in August.

Nina,  Unfortunately we are so short staffed at work, and with vacations, my summer weekends will mostly be spent working!!!:(:(:(  If I'm not working my 3-11 weekend, they always like to throw in the Sunday night 11-7 shift.  Which makes it impossible to do a show, drive home and get to work on time.  I did that once driving from Ann Arbor, and it was miserable!  You end up being awake for more than 24 hours and I'm getting way too old for that kinda thing.
I didn't know there was a show in Strongsville, could you give me info on that?  That may be doable!:)  Thanks, Sandy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HI Sandy... wanted to shout out hello!  Welcome!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Welcome Sandy :D

Sorry, I can't help you for the mohair but
I'm glad you join :)

Marie

Ohio

Sandy,

Sorry I took so long to reply, but we had a big cook out for the holiday so my place was swarming with people.  Of course, it took days to get ready for the whole thing.  But that is over and I survived. 

The show in Strongsville is the Northern Ohio Doll & Bear Show.  It is on Sunday, August 21 at the Holiday Inn Strongsville.  G& B Promotions, Shari Gordon 440-237-4263.  I have never done this show so I can't say if its good or not.  I met these promoters at another show in Marietta and they invited me to be here.  He said that they are in a very good location and they attract a good crowd.  So I guess we will see.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Welcome Sandy. It is funny, but grey mohair or alpaca seems to be a hard color to find. I have also been looking. Welcome and please stay a while.

Hugs Louise

Board footer