Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I just received a phone call from my daughter who just learned that her cheerleading coach passed away last night.  Tana was very young, married with two small children (about 3 & 6).  I had not personally spoke to her for about 2 years but had learned through mutual friends that she was very ill but thought she was doing much better.  This comes as a surprise for both Erienne & myself.

Please keep Tana and her family in your thoughts today.

Shantell

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I'm so sorry to hear such news, Shantell.  So sad.....especially for a family with young children.  Loss is never an easy cross to bear no matter the length of the illness.  My prayers and thoughts are with them.

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Is there something in the air?  We've just been dealt a blow ourselves.  Two family members have been diagnosed with cancer in the past two weeks.   bear_cry  bear_cry

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

I am so sorry to hear this Shantell  :pray:  :pray:
:hug:
Laurie

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Oh Shantell how awful.She was so young and 2 little kiddikins left behind. My prayers for her family.  Hugs Rita xxx

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Shantell, it breaks my heart when I think of those poor little babies, growing up without their mum....thoughts and prayers going their way.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry, Shantell . . . it's very sad.  Also, sorry about your family news, Aleta.  Thoughts for you both.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Shantell how sad for the family and small children.
Aleta ,I have sent you a message.Hugs of support!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhhh....She's in our thoughts and her children and family are in our prayers.

:hug:

dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Shantell, I am so sorry to hear of this really sad news for your daughters Cheerleading coach - how very sad
especially having small children. My heart goes out to the family.

Also Aleta sorry to hear of your family's news.  My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Hugs and love to you both
Carolyn
bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Shantell and Aleta, I'm so sorry to hear such terrible news. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.  :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shantell, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's  cheerleading coach..... it's very sad and your daughter
must be breaking her hurt... 
my thoughts and prayers going their way.

Also, I'm so sorry about your family, Aleta.
Your family is in my prayers.
Gentle hugs/ Marie

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

I certainly will remember them in my prayers!! How sad for a young family.
Nancy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Thank you everyone.  It's just so incredibly sad.  I saw my daughter this afternoon and she burst into tears when she saw me.  So we sat and talked for awhile and I think she felt better when I left. 

I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Shantell, this is such sad news, I will keep this family in my prayers and your daughter too. I know it must be very difficult for her.

Aleta, I'm so sorry about your news too.  I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs,

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Shantell,  bear_flower
There is nothing like a mothers touch to calm a sad spirit.  Your comfort meant the world to her, I'm sure of it.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

How very sad to hear this news Shantell. I will keep them in my prayers. Bless the little children, kids need their Mums!

Aleta I am so sorry to hear about your family members. I do hope they both do well with their treatment.

Hugs all round Jane   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

That is so sad to hear.  My prayers a thoughts go out to the family and especially her young children who will miss their mom terribly  bear_cry

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Shantell and Alita I am SO sorry!  I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way... :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Shantell and Aleta,

Such sad news.   bear_cry   You're in my thoughts and prayers.  Sending many hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Sorry to Hear of your Loss,
Sending prayers your way! :hug:
Love, Kathy

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

So sorry to hear about such sad news from you both! :hug:  :hug:

Board footer