Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01682-3.JPGHi guys

We all know how technically klutzy dilu can be...(gollygeesheesh)  And the thought of trying to do these fancy trading cards was....YIKES.....

But I just posted my first ever trading card at Bid 4 Bears and Nancy's.

Why do I mention it?

I am just tickeled pink you asked!

Because there was nothing techinical about it.  I didn't use the computer at all, ( well except to post the pictures)

I used what we all here know how to use, needle, mohair, fabric, thread.

Any one of us can do that!  how do I know?  Cuz I did. 

And think of it as instant gratification!  Its done in one day.  Think of it as a break between the big projects. 

So

I want to trade cards with you guys.  CUZ I think you are all terrific and talanted and there is no way I will ever live long enough to collect a bear from everyone....

ATCs are the perfect alternative to those of us who are financially impaired.

I really hope you guys will give it a try....come on....hurry up....times a wasting.....

love ya

dilu

the gollies say "GET WITH IT""  :hug:

lulubears Posts: 280

I must be on the outside of the loop, as this is the first time I have ever heard of Artist Trading Cards!  Can you fill me in, please?  Definitely sounds interesting!  Luann

Lulubears! 

what a wonderful name!   Luann, we had quite a discussion about them about 2...3...oh dear, I'll go find the post for you, I can't remember.

And i avoided the whole topic because I didn't want to be influenced by other peoples creations.

i always like to muddle through on my own first, and then see what others are doing, after I have an idea how I can do it.

Anyway,  here's what I know; untill I can find the post and bring it out,

Artist cards are mini artist creations representing something of what one creates.....for me that's gollies

They are always traded, not bought.....

now I will go try and find the whole line of posts for you and for me....I can read it now that I sort of have an idea of what I am doing....

I also need to resubmit my picture; it got all funny

dilu

OK. I just browsed the first page.....of 6 on that fabulously popular topic ARTIST TRADING CARDS.....

Where are you guys?  Come one come all.....

if I can do it you can tooo..

and yeah, mine isn't glitzy or fancy or anything-i used what I had and did what I knew how to do....

bear_whistle

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's an absolutely awesome, totally Dilu-licious ATC, Miss Dilu! I love it!

I've got three ATC's listed at Bid4Bears right now, too.

As a seller, you can accept swap offers (if any are made) AND bids... simultaneously.  In fact, you MUST be open to both options, because the system is set up that way.

Ultimately, as a seller, you can choose to accept a swap offer (ending your listing) or decline it (which keeps it running.)  If no swaps are accepted AND bids have been placed, the card goes to the high bidder.

SWAPS LISTINGS ARE TOTALLY FREE.  You start your listing at .01 cents to guarantee that you incur no listing/seller's fees upfront.  Be sure to set a minimum reserve (also free!) so that if you don't get any swap offers, you won't be forced into selling your ATC for .01 cent!

If your items sells (instead of swaps) there is a very small final value fee, which helps keep the site running.

Join in the fun!!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I'm supposed to be getting ready to go out for dinner but the letters, ATC, caught my eye.  I want to trade with you Dilu!!

Gotta go now.  Hubby's at the end of the drive and coming this way.....see ya.

Warmest hugs,   :hug:
Aleta

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Dilu
I haven't put mine on yet, but I love yours and would love to trade with you. Here is a pic of mine

Barbara%20OliveATC.JPG

Sonya

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

AAAAAHHHHHhhh!!!!! so that is what all this is about. Scrap booking our teds.
Clever idea. But definitely a first for me. I have never heard of it till now.  :doh:

I'm scap booking a recipe book as a special gift for a close friend (she's not a teddy person) so maybe I might carry on and do a swap card as well. MMMmmm worth thinking about........... bear_thumb

Goodonya Dilu!! bear_thumb

wow!

How fantastic!  I'll trade with anyone-  I already posted my first one at Brears 4 Bids;

http://www.bid4bears.com/

You guys have to join up and check it out!

I am starting my next one-  this is something you can do when your head is all wonky and you can't really think straight....well I can do it cuz its sewing-  something I can now do with my eyes closed.

EYES CLOSED?

Yeah, I tried sewing a seam with my eyes closed today ,  folding a scrap and feeling for the lever and placing it under the needle etc....and then sewing.  It came out pretty straight.

But I wouldn't want to bet the golly farm on it~

So.....who ever wants a golly card, fine with me, I am making another, and she will be posted at B4B as soon as she is done....

LULUBEARS;  honey you gotta try it.....its fun, its easy, and once the brain gets behind the idea, well, the ideas just keep ona coming!

dilu

PS  NANCY  is offering a free class in this, for those of us who are technicologicaly challanged and its   FREE

http://www.northcountryteddybears.com/

huggies

dilu

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Dilu, I posted mine on Bid 4 bears too
Sonya

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Dilu and Sonya, Your cards are terrific! I love them both. Man, I have a handful of cards I need to get on Bid4Bears! I'm so lazy sometimes! bear_tongue

Aleta, you made me laugh out loud! Sometimes I'm on this darn computer when I hear Daniel's truck coming. I pop off real quick and race to the kitchen to pretend I've been doing something productive!  bear_grin

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Dilu

I know I sent you a message but I just have to say again - FANTASTIQUE

So absolutely you - look forward to seeing more wonderful creations from the Dilu studio

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Yay, I finally did it! I put my cards on Bid4Bears last night.

Hip Hip hooray!!!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Dilu,  I LOVE this card. It  eludes such creativity and is just so you!  Excellent job !   bear_thumb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Okay, Dilu.  I just posted two of my ATC's on www.bid4bears.com.  I know, I know.....it took me long enough!  Yeah well, you should see my "to-do" list.  Things "to do" are multiplying like bunnies around here!   bear_tongue

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Hey everybody!  There are some really great things up for auction on bid4bears.  If you haven't taken a peek......what are you waiting for?

Board footer