Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:D

I got a new Sharpie marking pen, its called metallic silver, It gives a real clear smooth line on the back of black mohair and, unlike chalk,  it is totally smooth- also it is permanent.

Just thought I'd share- for anyone who does dark furs.

I gave one away-now I need to buy some more-

It's like lipstick-  you find a color you really really like anbd the next time you turn around its been discontinued.....

I treat sewing supplies like lipstick- if I really-love-it-can't-live -without-it- I buy a lot. :lol::lol::lol:

Dilu bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oooo I have a couple of those silver metalic Sharpies after another bear artist telling me about them They are so helpful on dark fabric. Have you seen fine point ones, Dilu???? I'd KILL for a few of those!!! (Or kiss the person who find some!)

Glad you mentioned them! Now, everyone run to your nearest office supply store and get some - you'll be glad you did!!:D

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Fine point?  OHHHHHH that would be tooo tooo coool.  The way I go through black wool and mohair......I really am grateful for this ......but it's not a fine point.  It is so much easier to use than the chalk pencils which I thought was pretty good.

Now that I know there are fine points I will begin the quest.....to dream the impossible dream.........

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu -

I was asking if you'd seen fine point ones because I have not and wondered if they existed. After a visit to sharpie.com I'm saddened to report they only come in the size tip we have. :(

But one can hope.......

Board footer