Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

peter3.jpgpeter2.jpgpeter.jpgHi everyone, 

I am so glad to say Peter is doing great! I must say here first I may have put his sister picture up by mistake in my haste when he got sick on the other post. I do apologize. Peter is darker than his sister.   :doh: 

Peter is going be an Easter Bunny after all!!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:   
Peter is doing much better. He is eating and drinking .... alot !  bear_grin  bear_grin  As you can see in the pictures - looks at me - then goes for the apple he has tuck under his paws. He is up to four large apples a day, plus lettuce - his rabbit pallets - five carrots. I may have to change his name to "little Piggy Rabbit" rather than Little Peter Rabbit.  bear_grin   
I took some pictures of him tonight to share with all of you who have sent all your love and good wishes. I really feel he is going to be ok, (besides the fact he eats and eats) because when I go in there all he wants to do is eat. He is kinda saying...don't bother me I am eating!  bear_grin  bear_grin That is really good behavior.  :dance:  :dance:  He looks chubby in the pictures, but truly it is mostly all fur and he is holding a piece of apple. But, he is not falling over anymore and that is great.
His ears are looking better too, not so flat looking, I will say.

Now I can answer some questions.  bear_original 
To the dear hearts who said - Get another vet! I will. My girlfriend works at a different vet and she saids she is really good.   

Shantell - dear heart, yes I am an Grandma. I have five grandchildren.   

(shock...I really thought you were one of the babies from the group)

Crack me up - thank you hon.  bear_original I just hope that idea came from my picture and not my typing skills.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   
I am 48 dear heart.  You make me guggle "rescuing baby squirrels from the clutches of my outside kitties". My husband would say you are my spirit twin sister. to funny. I have done that with mice.

Kim - you are right about the teeth. I have had to do that from time to time. When the babies come I always keep an eye on their teeth. Willow helps keep them down so that does not happen often.

Again, thank you all for allowing me to share this with you - and sharing all your stories with me, it warms my heart. You are all wonderful kind and very caring gals. Big hugs to you all.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   

I just hope Hollie gets well too! And Helena gets good news on thursday!   

Little Peter Rabbit and Kassie send you all big hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Yeah for Peter rabbit. It's so wonderful to have some happy pet news on here today. You worked very hard to bring Peter back to good health so you most be so proud and pleased.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Oregon

Hi Shari,

Yes I am very happy! Thank you so much. Yes it is nice to see some good news. I hope it is only the begining.  bear_original  bear_original And all the other animals and girls have the same.

I am off to bed now.... bye for now Shari

Big Hugs
Kassie

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

YAY, Kassie! I'm thrilled to hear Peter is doing so well. Peter was very lucky to have you there caring for him.  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kassie, that is such wonderful news.  You are one amazing bunny mom, and Peter is very thankful I'm sure.  I am so happy for you and your bunny.  You have done an amazing job nursing him back to helath.

Now, go tell that vet where to go !!!!!!!!   bear_whistle

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: Hurray for Peter and his mommy!!!  I'm so glad he's doing well.....and give yourself a big pat on the back.......your love and care have certainly saved this sweet bunny.  He looks great!! bear_wub

:hug:
Tracy

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

I am so glad to hear some good new.  Kassie, you are truely a wonderful bunny mama, I bet he won't let you out of his sight :clap:  :clap:
:hug:
Laurie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yippee for Peter and his Mommy!!!!!! Great job you two!!
Give him some fresh basil for me... that was always my bunny's favorite thing in the world.
I believe it's supposed to be good, in small doses, when they've experienced something stressful.
(Don't quote me, it's been a while!! Rascal used to eat it like we eat chocolate!!)

Big Hugs to the Easter Bunny!
Love, Daphne

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

That's the hop, hop, hoppiest news!!!  Yay!!! 

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Wow Kassie, what a gorgeous little bunny he is, and it's just wonderful that you and he have pulled through this crisis! That's excellent news!!!!  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Thankyou for thinking of me. This is just the best community, isn't it?  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
That is great to hear so goods news about Peter! I new he would make it from the beginning, because I beleived in him! Peter is a very brave rabbit!
Hip hip hip hourra! for Peter and Kassie! I think he is eating so much because he has stayed a few days without eating! He needs some calories to get stronger! He he he!

I vote for Peter as the Easter Bunny of 2006!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's great news!

My bunny looks just like yours. Only she's female and about 15 lbs. LOL But same coloring.

Bunnies are great aren't they? I'm soo glad things took a turn for the better.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Yeeeeaaahh! Go Peter go! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: 

I'm so relieved to read this.

nettie scotland
Website

Well done to you and Peter.It is great to have good news!!!
Diane xxx

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is great news, I have been praying for the little guy!
I'm happy for you both!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kassie, I'm so happy for you and Peter, both -good job, bunny mom!  Careful though, now that you've really spoiled him, he will expect it ALL the time.  I babied my cat, Bear, through a traumatic eye ulcer that took months to heal, and now he is so spoiled, it's ridiculous, but at least I have him to spoil LOL!  Give Peter a hug from me.

Hugs,

Brenda

Oregon

Sandi, Tammy, Tracy, Laurie, Daphne, Aleta, Helena, Sophie, Heather, Sabine, Diane, Tami, and Brenda,

Thank you very much for your kinds words. I don’t know about the amazing bunny mom part thro, but thank you.  I did not use the quote button, but rather just copied them in. Faster!  bear_rolleyes

"Now, go tell that vet where to go !!!!!!!! " Crack me up Tammy. I did that already. LOL  bear_grin

Patting me-self Tracy…. LOL   bear_grin
But, really it was Peter who gave it his all in this story.   bear_original

Fresh basil! I will do that Daphne! And tell him it is from you.   bear_original

hop, hop, hoppiest news!!! Too funny Aleta!  bear_grin

“Thank you for thinking of me.” You are welcome Helena! It is the great site ever!  bear_thumb

“I vote for Peter as the Easter Bunny of 2006!” Sophie – I second that motion!   :dance:  In my heart he truly is after what he has been threw. Thank you for saying so.   bear_original

“My bunny looks just like yours. Only she's female and about 15 lbs” Holy Cow Heather! Better back that bunny of her cookies. LOL   bear_grin  bear_grin
Yes, bunnies are great, I am glad he is better too. Thank you Heather.

“I'm so relieved to read this.” Sabine. Me too! LOL

Diane and Tami – Thank you dear hearts for you prayers and good wishes.   :hug:

“Careful though, now that you've really spoiled him” Too late Brenda! LOL
He figgers he gets something every time I go in our second bathroom now. That is where I have him until he puts on some weight. He turns his head and looks at me as if to say, “Well where is it? – apple – carrot – lettuce – come on lets have it!” too funny!
But, ya know what. That is ok! He can be as spoiled as he likes – right? He deserves it.  bear_wub

Again thank you all – big hugs to you all.

Kassie and Little Petter Rabbit

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Such tremendously, fantastically, great news, Kassie!!!  That Peter is one super bunny . . .  what a little fighter!!  Obviously, it certainly wasn't his time to go and that vet needs a little lesson in compassion!  A bunny momma's love and tenacity can work miracles - way to go, Kassie and Peter!

Oregon

Hey Sue Ann,

Thanks hon. I only did what I could. Which I am sure everyone elseon here would have done. But thank you.  bear_original

"Supper Bunny!" He can be that too I beleive.  bear_grin I picture him in a supper hero suit and cape.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Headlines - Little Tubby Peter Easter Bunny Brings all the Easter Eggs  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Ya about the vet. I have told him Peter made it and what I thought of him as a vet.

big hugs
Kassie

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Yeah!!  What great news!!  I'm glad Peter is doing well and he'll be an Easter bunny!   bear_original  :dance:     The pictures are cute.

Oregon

Chrissie thank you.

I'm glad Peter is doing well and he'll be an Easter bunny!

Me too! "Big Smile"

He is a real trooper .... Easter Bunny for sure. LOL

Hugs
Kassie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

It's so wonderful to hear some good pet news!!!!!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I'm so happy for your bunny.  I have 7 rabbits (all are rescues).  Believe it or not, rabbits can be a mystery to vets.  If you look around, you can find one who is more knowledgeable about rabbits.

Oregon

Laura thank you hon.  :hug: 
Nina, (smiling here) I have done that  :hug:
Being rasied on a ranch, I have learnt sometimes you have to do it yourself.
Unless you can't, that is. I had no choice in this case. I am just glad I could help him.

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes for Peter.  :hug:  :hug:
My prayers are with sweet Hollie now.

Big hugs
Kassie

Board footer