Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

monkey.jpgmonkeys.jpgHere're my latest little fellows...

Whaddya all think?

Amelia

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh my, I want them all!!
Soo cute and tiny and funny. How big are they? Are they sewn? I love them!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

So cute!!!! And with their own little bananas to! They look like they could get up to a lot of mischief  bear_tongue

Irene Irenours-bears
France

They are just too funny and lovely. What is the size?

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Your basket of monkeys is just wonderful! 

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Kalispell, Montana

Oh, they're about 3/4" at the largest size.  I should've included something for size comparison.  Each monkey would fit inside a quarter if you put the quarter and the monkey up against one another.  The basket is the same size as my bunny basket.  The bananas are about the size of a baby's toenail clipping, only of course more three dimensional.

It's a prototype, so they're a lil rough.  They aren't sewn, they're made of felt, but not felted.  It's a process I call "fribbling".  They gave me lots of smiles during the creative process, and after! 

Thank you for the compliments!

Amelia

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Thats where you get the name Fribbles from! They are so much fun. Can you tell us more about this fribbling? Sounds fun! :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a creative and fun bunch of monkeys you made, Amelia!!  Very nicely done and what a hoot!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

THEY ARE ADORABLE!!! My mom would go nuts for them! She loves primates!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

OMIGOSH!!!!!!!  I almost choked on my tea!  They are SO SO SO SO SO SO SO cute!!! Did I mention they're cute????????  I want each and every one.... and then another each and every one for my sister, the lover of monkeys.... bear_original bear_original bear_original

Kimberly W.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

AMELIA!!!!  Oh My!  I honestly had no idea that they were THAT small!  I was thinking maybe each was two inches tall or so!  You have to be kidding me!?  How fantastic!  I too am curious... what is fribbling?

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Oh they are just too cute  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Kalispell, Montana

Thank you for all the wonderful comments!  = )

Fribbling is something I came up with when I was about 16...my brothers and I had little troll houses, and my brothers wound up using these little pompoms and called 'em cats.  Well, one day I added ears, nose, feets, tail and eyes to the little pompoms, and fribbling was born!

I make fribbles out of felt, sometimes using foamie and polymer clay as accents---I use fabric paint to color them.

Here's an assortment of some of my animals:

ark2.jpg

The giraffe heads are about 1/2" in diameter...with the ears on about 3/4", just to get scale established.  It's from the song..

..green alligators, and long-necked geese
some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees
cats 'n rats 'n elephants, as sure as you go
but don't you forget the unicorn...

Amelia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

so they are made of pom poms? I am very curious now LOL

Kalispell, Montana

...not entirely, no, but some of them are.  Like the cat you can see up on top that the head is pompom, same with the alligator/crocodile.  The bodies however are all felted.  = )@Kim

Amelia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I wont ask you any more questions... I dont want you to give away secrets! bear_original They are too cute!

Kalispell, Montana

*LOL*  Not really secret...I should really do a tutorial, it's super easy to make the little critters.  I've noticed though when I taught other people, it winds up more like however that person draws.  I tend to draw cartoonish, cutesy things...and that's the way the felt comes out.

I like using 'em for props with bears or faeries.

Amelia

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

How impressive ! They are sooo cute ! It must be so amazing to see them in real !  You are very very very very very clever ! bear_wub

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

OOHHH a tutorial. You've done it now Amelia.  bear_tongue  I would love to hear some of your ideas... bear_whistle Share, pretty please?

Board footer