Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

I have such sad news. I  feel very sad that I shared this story with all of you. I feel I have let everyone down, but more important I feel I let Peter down. My tears fall and my heart breaks to tell you. I have to take Peter Rabbit in tomorrow to put him down. I took him into my new vet to do some test just to make sure he was going to ok. The test results came back and he is not going to make it. I was told he is very old and there is nothing that can be done. Let me explain. He was doing very well and I really thought he would make it. The new vet thought he would be ok too. But today he fell again and he is not strong and has returned to how he was and he just didn't look good. I have made the decition to not allow this to contuine. My heart breaks and I just can't stop crying. Peter is 11 years old and what I am told is very old for a rabbit. Go figger! I have had them live to 14!
I have held him all day ... knowing what comes tomorrow. I do that more for me I think than him! I have to kinda smile here thro, looking at him, he is on my lap now as I type his fate and he looks up at me as if to say. "Why are you sad, I understand it is my time. Why do you feel so sad?"
Animals are our most wise teachers and I think we forget that when we are faced with lossing them we forget . Who do we really cry for are? Us? them? Or both? I don't know, but what I do know is, it is very hard and sad to let go. I have lost a lot of good friends in the animal world and . I ask myself. Why is it so hard to let them go? Is it because I feel sad for me or do I feel sad for them. Do I feel a loss for myself or do I feel a loss for them? Should I feel that loss? I'm I aloud to feel that loss?
In my belief. I believe in life after we are gone! I believe in happiness after we are gone! So, again I ask myself. Why do I cry when they leave me? No answer, other than I can only think of myself.

Peter is still a Easter Bunny and will live as a Easter Bunny in my heart.

Hugs
Kassie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad  :hug: Kassie, I am so sorry to hear about Peter! Poor sweet bunny!  bear_cry

We've had 6 rabbits over the years, and none has lived long past 10 years. Our beautiful Angora Cocoa died at 4, from a virus that only angoras are subject to. We had to put down our little mini lop, Peter, at 10--he had an abcessed tooth that couldn't be removed. The lower teeth are actually part of the jaw bone, and at his age the infection wouldn't heal. We'd already put him through some stressful surgery to remove the infection, and I wish now that we'd just let him go.

I'm sure they know when their time comes.

My gouchy Oscar, a big white bunny that I found abandoned in the park, was suddenly very affectionate the night before he died. Before that, he'd bite anyone but me who put a hand into his hutch, and I could only lift him safely by throwing a towel over him first! I don't know how old he was, but I'd noticed that his appetite was down that day.

It's very hard to let them go, and very stressful for us. The best comfort we have is knowing we're doing the right thing, but I still miss every little critter I've lost!  bear_cry

That said, the pain of losing them is nothing like the joy of living with them.

Hugs  :hug:

Eileen

Oregon

Thank you sweet Eileen,

I know and really know this. Thank you for sharing.   :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Kassie

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I'm so very sorry that it is Peter's time but you are so brave and strong to let him go. It's okay to cry ,even when we know that our loved ones are going to a better place and it's a blessing for them. You will still need to mourn and cry for your loss ,you are human and you loved peter dearly  bear_cry   bear_cry
Take solace in the fact that you did everything right for Peter and you had a little bit of extra time with him. Hugs and blessings,Shari

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Kassie I'm so sorry to read that Peter will be leaving you.  bear_cry   He's actually lived quite a full life with you, even though you'll be feeling robbed. 

Its the hardest thing to lose a friend, even if you know they're going to a happier place.  I think its because you can't be with them that makes it the hardest.  The holes they leave behind in our hearts are huge.  Sending hugs  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Awe, Kassie,  I am so sorry about Peter. bear_cry Believe me any one who has lost a pet understands :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  We had to make the same dicision about our Guinea pig Patches a while back.  Just know that I am here if you need me.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kassie, my friend, I read your post and cry..  bear_cry 
We all know how hard is to loose our beloved pets...but in your situation - it's twice harder.  :hug:
But you have to be strong.  :hug:
At least, you have time to spend with Peter...My doggie didn't even had it... bear_cry
I'm sure he knows one thing - he is loved and cared by a wonderful woman - his best friend.  bear_wub  :hug:

Please, take care  :hug:  ( I can hardly see the keyboard through my tears.. I always feel so sad when I hear anything  bad about animals bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry )

Warm hugs from Julia  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kassie ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGZ)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

My heart aches for you.  I know only too well the feelings you are going through as we had to have our beloved Tigger put down about a month ago.

What a lucky bunnie he is tho have such a loving mommy as you.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's soo sad. I remember as a kid having to say goodbye to our dog, knowing his fate. It's sooo hard!

I'm sorry, poor thing.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Big hugs to you at this very sad time. I can't put into words just how I feel so all I can do is let you know that I am thinking about you.

Hugs Jane  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Oregon

To all my TT friends and bear buddies,

You have all just filled my heart with all your kinds words. I can’t express to you how it has warmed my heart. I am truly overwhelmed! In a very very good way – thank you all. I am blinking back the water eyes so I can type.
You are all so kind and dear!

I could name you all, but it would fill this page as it fills my heart. Just know; I will remember you all in the very special way that you sent your support – love and hugs! I am very glad to hear; you all feel that sharing Peter with you was a blessing and not a burden. It just lightens my heart to know this. Thank you.

Dilu thank you hon, yes I am feeling much better. You are so kind Dilu.
Sweet Laura. Thank you so much for you message, it just warms my heart.

I am very honored to know you all and hope I can only return your friendship as you have given yours to Peter and me. Again just know - I will remember you all in the very special way that you sent your support – love and hugs!

Big hugs Your Friend  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Kassie

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Kassie,

I'm so sorry for your loss.   bear_cry    I think you should be happy that you did everything you could for Peter and he was very loved.  I'm sure Peter knows how much you loved him.  I think Peter is still an Easter bunny.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Oregon

Thank you Chrissie  :hug:

I think Peter is still an Easter bunny.

Me too! bear_original  bear_wub  :hug:

Big Hugs
Kassie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kassie, I'm so sorry about Peter . . . I hoped he was making a comeback.  I've lost so many animal companions that it breaks my heart to hear of my TT friends losing one of their beloved pets.  Time will ease your grief, but you will never forget him.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer