Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I have just read Aleta's message under the heading 'A little sunshine type reminder' where I typed my answer but after reading it through I thought my reply may get missed by those who have already posted and answered so I decided this post needed it's own place on the forum.

.... I think we should all be aware of any changes out of the ordinary that take place within our bodies and get them checked. In mine and my husband's family there is a very high risk of breast cancer and so we have just been to see a genetic councilor and then had screening done. It has been proven that my husband does carry a high risk breast cancer gene which gives my daughters a one in two chance of getting breast cancer. Sarah (my youngest daughter) is going for screening but my eldest daughter does not want to know. This scares the life out of me and I don't know what to do. My sons also could carry the gene and pass it onto their children so they need to be screened too. Please check yourselves each month, it only takes a short time. You will get to know what feels normal and if there should be any change at all then please go to your doctors and get checked out. My mum ignored the lump which she found and we lost her at the age of 51...It's so stupid to be afraid! I hope that I have not freeked anyone out but I thought that I should share this.

Hugs Jane  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Well said Jane. My mother-in-law, overweight, type 2 diabetes now has high blood pressure and cholesterol. The doctor thinks she had a mini stroke before Christmas and wants her to go for scans. There is one that is optional but would help. Lots of people don't like it as its not nice and my in law is pulling her face and saying thinks like 'well when your numbers up'. I had to remind her that may be true but another stroke might not kill her but could leave her disabled. She dreads that more than anything so I hope I have scared her into going for the extra scan. So many things can be done now, things have so moved on. ONLY if we don't put our heads in the sand. Thanks Jane and everyone for sharing, it could make one person check things out, that would be worth it. :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

You are so right Jane, it is so important to check...and you know my mum is going through it now and I still don't do anything...it is such a hassle!!
I know we all need to tho coz it is in our family, grandmother now mother.
we bought this kit thing...it is like a thin layer of silicone stuff and makes every lump feel bigger or something..has anyone heard of it...its called the Liv Kit here from Olivia Newton John.  None of us have used it yet as so much else has been going on, but it seems like it is a good way to feel for irregularities...I find it so hard to know what it what!!  lol

Board footer