Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Here is an answer to Dilus question on how to use the oil pastels ...

I use them to shade my bears face, etc. Use a stiff bristle brush or even a Q tip to apply like eye shadow. Go softly at first..if you get too much on you can scrub some out with a Q tip.Working on synthetics will make the fuzz come up so don't stand there and scrub all day on a spot ..it can actually pull the fur out using the stiff brush. I have not tried it on mohair yet.

I have just started experimenting with this and it seems to work fairly well for me..Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Does it need to be heat set, or do you know-  I guess a hair dryer would be heat setting it....hmmmmm

I have the Peta Princesses bear here, needing eyes nose mouth and decorations, I think I will experiemnt using the oils on her.

Thanks

hugs dilyu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I don't think it needs heat set, oils are a permanant paint when they dry, at least the ones in the tubes are.

Tube oils have a lot more oil in them , that's why they take so long to dry.

I did one bear a few weeks ago, the pastels don't seem to rub off. However,it may be a good idea to go find some info. on the internet about them as they apply to fabrics, canvas, etc..... Winney

Board footer