Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh, Melanie Jayne, he is just TOOO cute!!!! Wonderful job! I can't wait to get working on mine but have a couple of things I MUST finish first - I'm using the reward system - when the work is done then I get to play! Maybe it'll make me work faster! I've done anime bears before but want to use this challenge to work on a new and different pattern.
Bear hugs, Edie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Anime-03.jpgAnime-01.jpg

Okay, here's my little anime design.  He is brand new.

I love all yoru photos!  I hope to see more bear_thumb

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Judi! He is awesome!  bear_wub  bear_thumb

Melanie!! SO CUTE!! and I can see he is YOUR style  bear_thumb  bear_flower  :hug:

Jane, what a sweet couple!  :hug:  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Julia

I'll post my new anime very soon.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Judi and Melanie, both of your little animes are awesome!  Melanie, how on earth did you design and create a bear in a single day!  WOW!! 

I still haven't gotten past the design stage on mine.... :redface:  :redface:  I was about to, and a few days ago got a commissioned order...... I will have to take a break from this project long enough to sew my anime, and then work on both of them!

:hug:
Tracy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Cute Melene !!!! What a sweet thing Judi !....I am just faling in love with th3e Antime bears....Winney

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Judi,

He is awesome!!  Your bears just blow me away!

bear hugs,
Sheila

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Winney, I too am just falling in love with anime bears.  They look like they are so needy and I love to give love where it is needed. bear_wub

Thank you Julia, Tracey, Winney, and Shelia. :hug:   I am putting my anime bear in the Golden Paws Emporium for adoption this weekend. :dance:  bear_original

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All, I added a couple of bunnies to the anime challange.  Theyir names are Orange U Glad & Rabbit Stu. They may not be true anime but they are as close as I get.
TTFN
Amy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bella3.JPGbella1.JPGSUCH WONDERFUL ANIME BEARS!!!! Here is mine!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Kim!!  She's wonderful!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub I just love that face, and her tutu is so cute too!!

:hug: 
Tracy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you, Tracy!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

They are all truely lovely. Melanie, your wee bear just blows me away!!! Soooooooo cute. She looks like she desperately needs to be loved. :hug:

KP BEAR KP BEAR
Lewiston, South Australia.

I have never made a anime bear or critter but like to join the challenge. but have a few bears that Ihave to finish so I will be a bit late.
Lena  bear_innocent

KP BEAR KP BEAR
Lewiston, South Australia.

bear.jpg
Here is my first attempt at anime bear.
Lena bear_noexpression

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
I seem to be having some posting problems, but I put in a couple of bunnies int he challenge.
TTFN
Amy

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

What great bears everyone!  Making Anime bears are a lot of fun - you can't really go wrong!

Sheila, sorry I didn't answer earlier, I didn't see your post as I haven't been on here too much lately.  I use mainly mohair scraps for these guys in a very short pile.  If the pile is too long, then I shave it before I cut out the pieces.  I have an old pair of pet clippers that I use for clipping the pile.

Jane P.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I love love LOVE anime bears.  There is just something so cute and quirky about them.  This little challenge kind of got me going into making one...although I have made a tiny 2 incher (if you remember that story).

Here's ~EEP~

000_0673a.jpg

000_0677a.jpg

His porportions are not quite what I had intended so I'm going to make a sibling and try again and see what I get.

Thanks!!!

P.S.  Poor little Eep got thrown across the porch getting his photo taken.  The wind suddenly gushed through and picked him up and away he went flying.  Too bad I wasn't quick enough I could have gotten a picture of him flying.   bear_rolleyes

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

SHANTELL HE IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Wow girls, your bears are all looking so awesome.  I'm not a huge anime love ( at least I wans't before ) , but after looking at these  creations I may have a change of heart after all.    So cute everyone !!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

He is soooo cute...maybe EEEp needs a red cape so he can fly safely....with a big E on it...Winney

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

P.S.  Poor little Eep got thrown across the porch getting his photo taken.  The wind suddenly gushed through and picked him up and away he went flying.  Too bad I wasn't quick enough I could have gotten a picture of him flying.

Oh that would have been too funny! Glad to hear that I am not the only one with big winds to contend with - I wouldn't dare take photos outside unless it was a totally calm day - we've had pieces fly off the house and never been able to find them!  I can't believe your little guy is only 2" tall - he looks like he is made of mohair - that is quite a feat to make a mohair bear that little and he is just so darling!
Bear hugs, Edie

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks everyone...

He's actually about 6-1/2 inches tall.  I previously made a little one that was only 2 inches...NEVER AGAIN...I'm still cross-eyed from it.  Eep is made from Intercals 300/CM in Sand.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

BookerHeadshot.jpgBooker.jpgThis is kinda, sorta anime, but not as much as I had planned.  Didn't make the head big enough . . . oh well, next time around.  The name is Booker and he's 13.5".

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Kiki1.jpgKiki2.jpgGot mine done!   :dance:
Not quite what I saw in my head, but I'm happy with her.
This is Kiki, she's just under 4" tall.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sam-Ting.JPGI just finished my anime bear for the challenge so here is his photo. He is 4 1/2" tall made from vintage rayon long pile. I am thinking of calling him "Sam Ting" but
might come with up something else yet - haven't decided for sure. Will see if I can manage to post him to the Challenge Gallery next!
Bear hugs, Edie

Board footer