Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

wannabear Mini Fine Things
Colorado

Hello All, I sure seem to ask lots of questions....This one is how can I add claws to an already finished bear?  The claws themselves have little holes towards the larger end. 

I am thinking to poke a hole into the foot, insert the claw.  run a needle into the foot from the side?  Or, should I go from the top of the foot into the middle with the needle and try to catch the hole on the claw go back to the top of the foot and tie off each one separately? 

Has anyone tried this yet?

Shelly (The Pesty Pest) In CO

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I haven't tried it AFTER the bear is done. I usually add them after the footpad is inserted, and before it is stuffed. I insert them from the inside and sew them to the seam allowance.
Sonya

wannabear Mini Fine Things
Colorado

HI Sonja!  Ty for replying!  I actually was able to add them last night!  This is how I did it from the outside.  This is a furry bear and I am using upholstery thread.  I went in under the foot pad of the paw into the area at the toes that I wanted a claw, threaded the claw onto a smaller needle went back into the toe area and out again until I added as many claws as I wanted.  Then, I swithced back to a larger needle and came out in approx the same area as I originally went into the foot and tied it off.  It worked, the claws are tight but moveable.  Not safe for kiddos but I would not want them to play with it after all this hard work ................

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Do a search ....for claws....I know there was  a lot of discussion about this.very good ones...Judi and othesr contributed with lots of great instructions !..........Winney

Board footer