Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Jingles-for-TT.jpgOK, here is my  Christmas bear, with the very original name of Jingles - my mind was blank.  He is actually on ebay from  Nov 26 - Dec 1.  He is 9 1/2" tall and made from very sparse mohair.  His jumper and hat are made from an old and shrunken red wool cardigan.
Merry, Merry Christmas!

Jane P.

Are we supposed to start putting these in the challenge gallery???  I see one is set up for "Holiday Challenge" and it is empty.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

oh good grief I would like to try this but everyone is posting all ready!
Great bears by the way.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Bronwen, don't let the early birds frighten you off, I think they will be many more festive bears added to the challenge in the coming weeks!  bear_thumb

Jane, what a lovely expressive bear and using the shrunken cardigan is such a clever idea!  I did put in a request for a Christmas Challenge gallery, so maybe it has been added now?  I'll pop up and have a look!

Kent
Website

Aha!  By a process of deduction (pressing the 'return to discussion' button!) I have worked out that the 'Holiday Challenge' gallery relates to our Christmas Challenge ... not sure why it's called 'Holiday' though?  Ah well!  So, we now have our own gallery to start putting the Christmas bears in!  See you all up there shortly!!!  Deadline for last bear is Christmas Eve, so still plenty of time to create ...  bear_thumb

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh, I will have to get my skates on for this one  bear_grin

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Jane , he is the most gorgeous, most adorable wee teddy bear I have seen in ages. He is just a darling.
He has the most beautiful face. He has melted my heart bear_thumb

WA

I just looked in and saw all the other bears. They are just all adorable!!!!!!! bear_thumb
Mine is on its way. Just have to do the finishing touches. I just may get this challenge not only done but on time. bear_grin

sarahjane Brisbane

I think I'll jump in on this one too...I'm starting to feel a little Christmassy!!  bear_grin

Kent
Website

Great - I will look forward to seeing your Christmas bears!  Don't forget to add them to our lovely shiny new gallery 'upstairs'!!  :dance:

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

merry2body.jpg

Here is Merry.....you've  probably seen him before as he is in the showcase section at the

moment, and is the bear I made especially for the cover of TBCI. But at Paula's suggestion,

I thought I would add him to the Christmas Challenge!.....He is made from an Alpaca/Mohair mix,

so is really tactile....... anyway here he is ...hope you like him.

Hope you all have a wonderful festive holiday.......Merry Christmas...everyone!

Yvonne  bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00044-2.JPGDSC00045-2.JPG

Hi Paula,

thanks for keeping it broad-as I can't show what I did with the bears-( That's the ornament exchange, and yes you doubting Thomasinas, dilu can do bears.....she almost always sends out a mini bear with the gollies-but thats to keep the gollies on the straight and narrow- you cant let a golly out of the house without very strickt observation)  and I haven't  finished the golly ornaments yet....but I haveone for you-even if it isn't a golly or teddy-perhaps we can be inclusive......

This little one is 6" tall so everything on the wreath she carries is miniature

gollygood hugs

dilu

Kent
Website

Ooh what gorgeous additions to the challenge!  You've all done spectacularly well and Dilu, your beautiful Christmas doll is most welcome indeed ... what super detailing, so Christmasssy!  Ellen, your pretty panda has me drooling at the screen ... it's absolutely beautiful!  And Yvonne, as you already know, I think Merry is Christmas perfection!!   bear_wub

This is such a lovely happy challenge ... a real pleasure for me to see the offerings arriving!  I have spent today finishing a bear especially with this challenge in mind and can't wait to take pics and join in again tomorrow!!  bear_thumb

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Dilu
I LOVE  her, her eyes and her shy smile! Great job bear_thumb
Bear hugs and Golly smiles
Gladys000_1004.jpg
Here is  my Crinkle

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

Well I've not finished my FIRST teddy bear yet, I will though(probably after Christmas)...I have the bug, but I did make one of my 'fleece ferrets' This fella is called 'Humbug'. He recently sold on eBay. (He's on my avatar)
sideviewhumbugsmaller.jpg

Humbug, thinks that eating sweets (candy) called 'humbugs' (hence his name), will make him sweet and help him gain a fat belly to keep the winter chill off. He's been stashing humbugs, though he hasn't many left, as he can't resist eating them. 'Humbug' has a fatter belly than all his other fleece ferret friends. He wants to be Santa's helper,so much, he's wearing a long Santa hat, with a bell on the end, a lovely Santa top, and trousers, all with a soft white trim.

He's looking for a new home for Christmas, and stands looking out of the window hoping, that special someone, will want him.

backhumbug.jpg

Kent
Website

Tipsy2.jpgWhat super creations Sandy and Gladys!  This thread is warming the cockles of my heart!!  It's so colourful and such fun.   bear_wub

I have another Christmas creation ... this is 'Tipsy', as you can tell, she's somewhat of a party girl!! :redface:  :crackup:  :dance:

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

WOW! Paula ! What a gorgeous bear!! bear_thumb Love her eyes her color ..all of her!
I am too enjoying the beautiful bears, dolls and friends a lot ! it was a very good idea Paula!
Keep them coming guys!!
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Dilu I love Allison! I saw the article on my last issue of Teddy Bear and Friends bear_thumb
Yvonne Merry looks great on the cover of Teddy Bear Club International!! Congrats! :clap:  :clap:
Gladys bear_flower

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow so many gorgeous bears (and dolls) in this challenge.....Here is my christmas angel I just finished her yesterday....

angel8.JPG

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

What a sweet Angel Sarahjane! bear_wub
Bear hugs
Gladys

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

Love all your gorgeous bears folks. Sooo cute all of them.
Lena 105.gif

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

sarafinasitting.JPGHere is my angel that I finished last week bear_original  Gorgeous christmas bears, girls...  bear_wub

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

rudybnb4.jpgbubba2.jpgHi all,
I haven't posted in awhile but I actually have two Christmas critters done. The first is "Bubba does Christmas"The poor fellow is having trouble decorating. The second is "Rudy the Reindog". He comes with his sleigh full of dog bones for all good doggies.
Nancy D

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Very cute, Nanc... Love the pup!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

These holiday pieces are just fantastic.  Really in the spirit of the season!  Great work, everyone; thank you so much for sharing it with us here at TT.

WA

BARNABYingarden.jpgBarnaby is my Christmas Giant Hopping mouse. He is the smallest of the australian marsupials. 41/2"standing, 31/2"sitting. He is wearing his dapper paisley velvet jacket with pearl buttons and his matching christmas hat with faux fur trim. Whiskered and winged, Barnaby is ready to explore his world.
Barnaby wishes you all a  "MERRY CHRISTMOUSE"

Board footer