Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

wilde-rat.JPGthat stuff looks lovley - who is your supplier ?

found a pic of my huge jointed rat 'oscar widle' - he was made  from fur like this and he's about 19 inches tall standing .... the fur came out great !

cat xxxx

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Cat, its Honeysuckle furs, she makes stunning wedding accessories with fur and silk her ebay name is bobmobella and she sells bits left over, they are all rectangles with no bits out of them, mostly fat quaters and on a buy it now so you don't have to wait. postage is good too, if you buy more than one item just ask for an invoice and she will possibly give you a discount on post as well. I recieved mine within 3 days even though it was second class
:hug:

Weymouth
Website

oh wow thanks sue :-)
im off to try and find her now - yay for brit contacts too :-) bear_thumb
cat xxxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

A Sepia shade of Prismacolor marker and a Copic blender needs to be in every bear makers supplies!
I've been in teaching situations where my scrap rag has disappeared; I've wiped off the nib of the blender from any color depositing on the inside hem of my shirt and students are amazed that it dries as if nothing had been there, and none of the shirt color is changed. It's a miracle pen; with the exception of fading out Black (which just smudges to gray) it will totally remove the Prismacolor or Copic color you've laid down.
Copic doesn't have a shade like Sepia, which goes with absolutely every fabric/fiber color you put it on. And there is a Prismacolor blender but I'm partial to the Copic brand, as their markers are refillable!!

Wow, you know your stuff! (Not that it's not obvious from your avvy XD)

It looks like I can order in sets of Prismas from Ebay: I'll definately look into it bear_original

Thanks Bobbie!

I was a bit surprised, so I looked at mine and thought I would let you and everyone know my backings, as they are such fab fabrics, others may want some.

bear_shocked Shhh! We must keep Mo between us Slobad guardians  :crackup:

No, it is lovely stuff: I'm seriously considering some of the crushed mink bear_original Tell me how that stuff works out!

I love your Rat Cat XD Where did you Rat making spring from?

Weymouth
Website

hi chloe, thanks - i started eith my first rat from felt in 1996 - it was awful, but i went and redid the pattern and chenged to other fabrics and the original raggyrat was born ... other ideas just came along over the years including playing with one -offs like big oscar here ... you can see how the stripes look ok tho, cant you ?
it's a cheeper fur used with brown fleece for hands feet etc

thnaks for telling up about the slobad you are making ... have you finally decided what  the claws will be fashoined from ?

cat xxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Currently I'm talking to a lady on Ebay who has some big feathers, so I'll hopefully be able to try that: otherwise it'll be transparent Fimo which should be ok too!

I can't wait to start, but I need to learn needle felting and armature first XD Plus the fur's in our musical, so I can't use that until the 19th...

It'll be a while, needless to say XD Which means more time can be spent on the pattern design, so hopefully I'll only have to cut, trim and sew each piece once XD

Weymouth
Website

what part is the fur singing ???
hehee
remember also that some one on hear said feathers would brittle with age ... sorry cant rmemeber who ... but that mgiht be frustrating of course !

must make rats .... and mice
cat xxxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

lol! If oyu looks carefully, you can see a mouth emerging...

Nah, theyll be playing the parts of 'stole' and 'throw' respectively XD

I think it was the lady who makes Fribbles.... ack, I'm so bad with names! I'm going to buy a few anyway, won't hurt to try!  If not FIMO is fine but I'll have to do it at home, as there's no ovens here at Uni...

Weymouth
Website

lol
imagine fur looking at script and finding out fur has no lines ... fur sulks ...
and dreams of far of fimo cooking up some cool claws which will come in handy in the near future .....

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I have made several bears and rabbits over the years from fur that is close to what you are using.
I always planned things out so that trimming could be minimized.  I had a white and chocolate striped fur and the chocolate sections were shorter. Than I laid out the head side pieces to match, making sure that the cheeks were white, since the fur was longer.
I also made sure that the left and right arms matched, the same with the legs.  When I cut out the ears I tried to make sure that they were completely in the long white part of the fur, other wise I felt that if the brown part showed it would look strange, since the fur length changed.
I made this 24" Bear out of the fur and he turned out fablous.  He was dressed in blue and white stripes overalls, and had a glass of fake milk and oreo cookies.  He was the first bear to sell at my table.
Good Luck!

Weymouth
Website

jane - i laid out my big rat like that :-)
sounds lovely - do you have his pic?

cat xxxx

Me did too :dance: , me did too :dance:

Slobad Guardians :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: love it

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

XD ye did too what?

And yes, we are the Great Guardians of the Slobad, feared by many, envied by ALL!!!

sloth.jpg

Sorry I did my cutting out that way too

Georgeous picci, adorable no wonder you want to make one bear_wub

Weymouth
Website

the slobad before his stripes ??? :-D
cat xxx

Board footer