Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

teeeej Brisbane

I machine sew most of the bear, otherwise I would be sewing forever. And I always hand sew the gusset and foot pads. I will hand sew small bears, as I can sit and watch tv or DVDs while sewing.  bear_tongue

BlueBearyTed BlueBearyTeds
Skelleftea SWEDEN

Thanks all!
I think I have a clue now on how to do... it seams bigger bear machine smaller hand.
Have a nice summer day!
Melanie

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Melanie, thanks for asking this question, I've been wondering about this for a while and I'm quite relieved that people use both forms to make their bruins. 

I have only made a few small bears and one rabbit, all handsewn, but this post has given me the confidence to use my machine for the larger ones and NOT feel that I've been cheating!  bear_grin

Hugs Ali x

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

I have hand sewn my mini's in the past, but I'm going to attempt to sew them by machine the next time I do one.

My machine is the Janome Decor computer DC3050. With this machine you can move the needle to almost any seam allowence. Combined with a Zipper foot you can sew the smallest of seams! If you first over sew the edges and then use your machine i'm sure it would be great.

I also hand sew my foot pads and head down from the eye area. I have tried allot of times to do the feet by machine and I just gave up!

Good Luck,

Richy~

Board footer