Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Oh Jane, what a lucky escape, lets here it for the detector :clap:
Years ago (about 20) I was away at college and my parents back boiler on the fire became blocked, over time my mum and dad just felt more and more ill, luckily one day mum spotted a funny coloured flame in the fire and called the gas man, he said they were a week away from being dead, so you cannot be too careful with these things

Glad you are all ok bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks for all your good wishes everyone! We are still feeling a little wooshy and headaches are hanging around. My daughter Sarah was the one who got the worst of it. as she was doing the cooking so spent the longest in the kitchen and kept opening the cooker to baste the turkey.
PLEASE EVERYONE WHO HAS GAS FITTED IN YOUR HOMES GET A CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM

Without ours there would have been some very sad news for our family.

Thanks again for the good wishes, hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

OMG Jane!!  Boy oh boy, I'm so glad you had one, what a nightmare!!  You poor things....   bear_cry  bear_cry    Hope you're all feeling better soon, poor Sarah too, big hugs to you all from me  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thank heavens you had an alarm, I'll certainly be getting one.

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Hi Jane,

Hoping your all feeling alot better now.

Thank goodness for that alarm.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked  Yikes!!!  bear_cry  Thank goodness for  the carbon monoxide alarm!!!   :hug:  I'm sooooo happy you and your family are alive and getting better  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh wow that is so, so scary Jane, glad you are all ok now.  It makes you think, it really does - the alarms are quite cheap and are a must have, I do forget to up-date mine as they don't last forever.  Off to get a new one now!!!

Pauline

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Jane, I don't know if you have Source Naturals products available there, but they have a product called Chem Defense, which helps remove toxins from the body...if you can find it, it would really help all of you.
So glad you are all OK!!!
Hugs &

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh no Jane!

I am so glad that you had a gas monitor alarm - how very scary.
So glad that you are ok and I hope that you are soon feeling better.

Big hugs to you Jane Dear and your family bear_original

Warmest hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Jane - what an awful thing to happen to you and your family.
I'm really glad to know that you are all OK - that's the main thing. 
Bear Hugs
Marg  bear_original

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Jane, I'm so glad you are all OK now. How incredibly scary!!!  bear_shocked :hug:  :hug:

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

Oh Jane!  Trust something like that to happen to you!  but thank Goodness for the alarm and that you're all OK.  Like otherfolk, I was thinking of you Christmas day and imagining you having a lovely family time (with Sarah cooking I guessed) and hoping you were safe and healthy - some "happening" (though I hoped not) but I couldn't have guessed that one could I?  Hope you've managed to get cooker fixed, or replaced - either way not good expenditure at this time of the year - or luck in the sales if necesssary?  Let it be warning to us all to get alarms though!

I loved your Christmassy bear too - does look as if he might have had glum premonition though - checked him out Christmas day, but phone call before I could comment then all the rest of Christmas day........ etc.  Also love your Christmas chimp.

So, I'm back to trying this - see if it disappears on me when I press "submit" if so, I'll try message -  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Carbon Monoxide is a great fear for my family Jane, as our entire house is run on gas bear_sad  Good job you had an alarm eh?  I hape you're all ok, and have a restful New Year!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

oh Jane, how awful!  I'm so glad you and your family are ok.  I hope all of you feel better soon.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oh dear Jane I am so glad that your alarm worked, I hope that your all recovering now.

Board footer