Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I always love this topic!  It's so much fun to see what other creative work everyone is doing or trying anew.  For me it's mixed media collage, art cards, soldered charms, and cloth and paper mache dolls.  I also dabble in interior design and gardening.  A little inside, outside, and upside down!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I am currently driving myself crazy with attempting to create my own realistic eyes for bears & dolls.  AARGH!   Nothing wrong with the awesome premium eyes I use currently; I just wanted to do the impossible, apparently, and try something new.  Clay, resin, hand-sculpted, molded -- you name it, I've tried it.  And yes, I've read every last tutorial on the internet.  Seriously.  Short of buying someone's proprietary methodology and about a gajillion dollars of equipment, I'm kinda stuck.  That's my creative "other craft" du jour.  This past month or so.

I also dabble in artist trading cards on a regular basis.  Right now, in addition to regular themed swaps -- I'm in a Marie Antoinette chunky book swap and a coffee/tea themed ATC swap right now -- I'm part of a Tarot Deck project (deadline for artwork looming!  Eek!) with my main trading site, IllustratedATCs.com.  I'm also helming a collaborative journal project for that same site on the theme of COLORS which will publish some time this summer.  The submissions for that, so far, are fantastic.

Last, I'm known to fiddle with my website and blog design from time to time.  In fact, as I re-imagine a new kind of POTBELLY BEAR, I'm also re-inventing my website and blog, in my head.  Coming soon, if I don't tear my hair out first!!

bear_original

Alexis Lexsomnia Bears

Shelli- Now THAT is funny! I am working on creating a new eye for my bears too. I STINK at working with clay but I am trying.  bear_whistle  bear_tongue

wilma Posts: 51
Alexis wrote:

Wilma- Think you can teach me to knit socks??? bear_tongue Those darn heels get me everytime  :doh:  :crackup:

I wish I could teach you the heels... but I'm afraid my english is not good enough to describe in words how to do them, so you'll have to come over to Holland and I will show... :dance:

Board footer