Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Judi . . . it hasn't been a good day for you.  I'm really sorry about the loss of your Holstein . . . I hate it when ANY animal suffers and has to be put down.  And I feel bad that ebay pulled your auction . . . just wish they didn't have so many stupid rules.  Hope that tomorrow will be a brighter day!  Big hugs    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww you try and do something good in this world and get, well basically, kicked in the teeth, Judi I'm so sorry for you.

This couldn't have come on a worse day, what with your poor Artifact too....

<<<<<HUGS>>>>> to both of you xxxxxx

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Judi,
What a rough day you had...I do hope today is easier for you.
Chris and I Dairy Farmed for 15 years and understand perfectly how you felt about Artifact. Many of our cows were special too and had personal names to match their unique personalities. I understand how upset your husband is, unfortunately it's just part of farming and we don't have to like it. I'm glad you buried her, sounds like she was worthy of that. Putting cows down is never an easy task, and I certainly understand why your husband chose to call in help with this special cow. Chin- up...we all hurt for you. bear_sad
Ebay sucks big time, and the more I hear, the more I feel I never want to list on ebay again. But it's one of those situations isn't it, especially for you with such an ebay following, that you need them. Christine Welsh started The Teddy Patch due to the increasing frustration and anger that people were feeling towards ebay, but unfortunately she doesn't get the same traffic and so it is struggling a bit. It's such a shame that ebay holds the number one spot in internet auctions.And they will continue to grow in power due to the cheek of taking percentages from charity auctions and the like too. Ebay together with Paypal are the most lucrative and wealthy companies on the internet...wouldn't you think they could just donate ALL the money from Mission Fish auctions to charity, without taking their own cut. It's just pure greed, evil greed! :mad:
Life's a bitch sometimes. bear_sad

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Louise, my darlin, so glad to hear you have a rosey behind... :hug:

bear_tongue

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh  :hug:  Judi, what a tough time you've had.  Give your hubby our best wishes from us all. So sorry to hear about your cow.  THat's very sad.

As for the auction, gee eBay is getting me cranky!!!!!!!  I think it needs some SERIOUS competition.  I can't see that happening any time soon.

Danni

Densteds Densteds
Website
Helena wrote:

Just found this on the MissionFish site (http://www.missionfish.org.uk):

To cover the costs of processing donations and fulfilling our guarantee, we keep a small deduction (4% or £2) from each gross donation.

So, eBay is forcing sellers who run charity auctions to use an agency that benefits financially from the auction....is this ethical, I wonder?!

Helena, ethics isn't in Ebay's vocabulary..  bear_angry bear_angry

Judi, I am so very sorry about the auction, I can't believe they did this to you when you're trying to help others, it stinks!!...

It's so sad about your cow, I have horses and it's just the most dreadful  thing when something like this happens, we have terrible problems with rabbit holes in Australia and I had my old horse crippled because he went down one...it just breaks your heart
I'm so sorry, please take care,

:hug: :hug:

Denise.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Judi, big hugs your way  :hug: Poor Artifact.  My Mum and Dad are Beef farmers and become very attached to their mob.

I have been contemplating today whether to list my bears on ebay and read this post before I did anything, I am really angry after dealing with ebay for 5 years, that they would do something like this.  Thanks for sharing this with us, I know if must be very frustrating.  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad :hug: Judi,

:pray: Hugs and prayers for you and your hubs and poor sweet Artifact.  :love:

bear_angry Boos and all of Job's afflictions to eBay  bear_angry

If you look at the Teddies 4 Charity discussion on NCTB, you'll see that Nancy's thinking of non-eBay charity auctions, run from NCTB in a yet-unspecified format.

http://www.northcountryteddybears.com/p … .php?t=157

I hope everyone interested in donating bears for charity auctions will check this out. I think we can do much better than eBay!!

Eileen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Judi , I am sorry to hear about Artifact...  bear_cry

As for E-bay, I was wondering what happened to your auction today ..... :/
I want to give you allots of  {{{ hug  :hug: hug  :hug: hug  :hug: hug  :hug: hug  :hug: hug  :hug: }}}  :)
I knew we need register to (?) Mission Fish to do this auction but Mission Fish are only
available for USA residence and I am so worry about me now....  bear_sad  hmmmmmmmmmm

Hugs/Marie

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Judi,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time! I grew up on a farm and losing any of your animals, especially because of an accident like this, is devestating.
I was wondering what happened to your auction!
Marie,  you need to contact Nancy and let her know that you need someone to list for you. She is going to make those arrangements for us.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Terrie,
Thank you, I sent e-mail to Nancy.  bear_original

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Marie! I am glad that you noticed my post. I was going to send a message to you mailbox just in case you missed it. bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You are all such good, no, GREAT friends.  What a wonderful support group youall are too!!!

You guys crack me up too bear_grin bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh with Pennys, "dummer than a bag of hammers", and Dilu's , "glad to know you have a rosy behind..." bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh LOLOLOL!!!

Ya know..Nancy may just be the person to start a new acution site.  She is a wiz with computers and really knows the whole business.  She also has such drive and motivation. hhhhmmmmmmmmm :clap: :clap: :clap:

As Rafieki said in 'Lion King'....."It is time!"

HUGE HUGS to all my friends :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_thumb It sure is time, Judi!  bear_thumb

eBay has its uses, but I really think we could get together and help Nancy build a much better venue. Actually, she's got it built, but it needs to be better known. A successful alternative to eBay would probably require massive promotion in the Teddy Mags and at shows, maybe personal notices to Bear Artists' best customers.

On the TB&F forum, our own Shelli started a thread on the possibility of organizing an association of bear artists and collectors along the lines of what the doll-makers have--NIADA--a thread which I seem to have killed!!! bear_cry

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … owtopic=32

I also think that more of us should also participate on the NCTB forum.

I know time is short, but what a huge advantage it would be to draw collectors awau from eBay, where every day is a snafu day (an old military term, you know, meaning for 'situation normal, all f***** up').

Eileen

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Judi, I am so sorry for your loss of Artifact. I use to raise calves and know how attached they and you can be. All creatures have their own spirit personalities....It is hard to loose a cow, horse or any animal .

I am really getting my mind set against selling on Ebay. I think you are right, they need some competition ! Hmmmm, it would be nice if we bear makers had a place to not only sell our bears but auction them or auction them for charity. I don't see why that could not be done .... Winney

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank everyone for you kind words about the loss of our Artifact (sounds like something that was dug up in Egypt)... ANyway, my hubby told me today that she was one our our top animals genetically and had huge potentional for bull contracts.......(flush.........)  That is the way it goes sometimes.  We pick up and carry on...with smiles on our faces.  My husband always says, " ...it could always be worse....".  He's got a great attitude. bear_wub

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Judi, I've just been reading this thread.  Sorry about all thats happened to you!  :hug:

I would be willing to be a part of any new ebay like place that was set up.  If the big bear artists join I think it could really make a difference and be the start of a fairer system away from ebay.  I wonder if a group of bear artisit could manage it or something like that.....Someone mentioned Nancy Tillberg...I don't know her but that sounds great!

Hugs to you Judi bear_flower

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

image010.jpgThis is for Judi very sory about your beloved Atifact.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_cry Dear Judi, I've been away afew days so it has taken abit to catch up. I am so sorry to here about Atifact,  bear_cry DAMM GOPHERS! Take care :hug: Matilda

Board footer