Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I haven't started mine yet bear_ermm
I was hoping to get the fabric at a show I done in August and they didn't have any sassy so I ordered some from the usa and it has just arrived.I can't wait to get started but just have to choose a colour.I am a bit close to the deadline so will get stuck in after Hugglets bear_original
Laurie :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I'm still here checking out all your pandas. They are so good. I just cnat make the time to make my own panda yet so I have decided to settle with drooling over all of yours. Welldone everyone! bear_thumb  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: They are quite inspiring.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

DestDSC_0187.jpgHi there,

Well, my bear for this challenge didn't really turn out like a panda in the end!  I realised only tooooooo late that I had cut the top body pieces out of the wrong colour, so had to alter things around a bit!  I was also going to blacken the eye area afterwards but then felt it wouldn't have looked right at all!  So, I guess it's a little pandarish, but not much!  Back to the drawing board I think when Hugglets is over!

I love all your bears, girls and boys!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Marilyn, I think he's a magnificent interpretation!  More by accident than design maybe, but what a handsome accident! :clap:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Ah, thank you Paula!  Yes, maybe it's a good idea at times to just throw caution to the wind and see what happens.  I don't usually make two-toned bears but it has made a nice change and think I will be doing more in the future,  so many thanks for the challenge, it has done me good by making me think outside of my normal box!

Have a wonderful day on Sunday Paula and I will try to pop down if there is a chance!  Your bears all look marvellous as usual so I am sure you won't be coming home with any!  Have a safe trip with your sat nav!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

love your pandarish chap Marilyn bear_original  It's been such fun seeing everyone's pandas  bear_wub
Hugs, Catherine x

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

HPIM0849.JPGHi! Paula  bear_flower here is my panda for this challenge. I almost missed it. Everyones creations are just awsome pandas! :clap: bear_thumb  I  bear_wub them all. Hope everyone likes mine. A little different,but  I tried very hard making him as a panda. He is a large one, thinking on childern he is  child safe, has an erasible board tummy,so childern can write,play and hide their personal little toys inside  him. He is one of a kind and one of my semi-stuffed series bears bear_grin Hug

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Really clever, Mary . . .  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

ttpanda-2.jpgtt-panda.jpgWell, since September isn't over, and I had a little time on my hands and a couple of small pieces of mohair that I didn't know what to do with, I thought maybe I'd try a little bitsy panda.  I put together a cinnamon colour with a pinkish beighy colour called antique rose. I think they work okay and I used up two bits of fabric :crackup: I'm soooo thrifty.
I just call him Bitsy Panda, for lack of a better name. He's 8 inches tall and has those wonderful arcylic eyes that come with the socket piece that makes them sink right into the head..I tried out a new eyelid technique that seems to work okay. (no open close eyes here) I gave him an open mouth and he has a pair of thumbs that he likes to stick in his mouth (hmmmm think I may have to make his bendy arms a little longer next time so his thumb will ACTUALLY reach his mouth) He' got wobble legs and is weighted.. Haven't posted him anywhere yet. Think I'm going to save him for the Brightstar show that I'm doing in Tampa in February.
Cheers
Gail

svenstrup Svenstrup Originalz
Malling, Denmark

Hi  bear_smile

This is my bear for the challenge, and it's my first panda ever!

It's also the first time I try working with black mohair - and OMG now I really hate sewing with black thread on black mohair! Think my eyes hurts after concentrating that much!  bear_grin

All your bears are lovely!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

tt1.jpg

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

I am not sure if l am too late for this challenge or not, all the panda's l have seen on here put mine to shame bear_tongue

Anyway meet Roger the Panda. He was hand sewn from dense short alpaca with ultra suede paw pads, he stands 7'' tall and has 2 black glass eyes. Roger is my first panda and the first of many l hope :love:

2947899860082394071bGcRdz_th.jpg

Nova Scotia Canada

Keep on making pandas  and bears...Roger is a sweetie :clap: ...and the more you make the better they get!  Sometimes I buy a really outlandish piece of fabric just to see what it might inspire...I've come up with some great designs that way (at least to me :crackup: ).  Pandas can be anything you want them to be...any colour combo any fur combo.. just enjoy and have fun.  Never feel "shame" for creating your critters. Each one is unique and you put your "stamp" on each one you make.
Hugs
Gail G

Nova Scotia Canada

Oh, and don't forget to add Roger's photo  to the Challenge Gallery
GG

Kent
Website

More pandas to drool over, how lovely!  You've all done such a great job with this challenge!  Sorry I've been a.w.o.l for the past week ... I've been in a caravan beside the sea, so no opportunity to check in and see what's been happening.  Great sea air though!

Mary, you have created a very unique panda indeed - what a great idea!  Lovely to see a child friendly panda too! :clap:

Gail, you've worked such clever techniques into your little guy!  He's a lovely colourway too and I really like his low set ears ... very appealing! :clap:

Christina, working with black thread on black fabric is hard on the eyes isn't it?!!!  Congratulations on creating your very first panda, a very sweet bear and the blue paws and ears give him a super fresh twist on the black and white theme.  :clap:

Wigglesbears, your Roger panda is a very handsome chap and I really like his nice rounded proportions.  Another super first panda!  Well done! :clap:

Nova Scotia Canada

Thank you Paula You alway know just the right thing to say bear_grin
hugs
Gail G

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

Thank you for the lovely comments on Roger, it has brightened my day bear_wub

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

boy-blue-2tt.jpgboy-blue-tt.jpgJust finished him in time and his name is Boy Blue and he is made with sassy long pile fabric and he is just over 4 inches high.I have also added him in the challenge gallery and in the for adoption pages.Hope you like him bear_original
Laurie :hug:

Kent
Website

What a gorgeous last minuter Laurie! I'm so pleased you finished him in time for the end of Pandamania.  I love this colour scheme and his innocent expression is adorable!!! :clap:

Kent
Website

If anyone has a challenge panda please could you submit it today as this challenge will close at midnight tonight (GMT)! bear_thumb

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

Hi all, just in time me thinks, absolutely adore all the pandas  bear_wub  bear_wub , have a soft spot for them myself, thought I would add a little anime panda this littlie is Lindi Pink, a 5" miniature well not including her pink hair, Love to you all Panda Hugs Lynne xxx  :hug:

Abby&Ellie Originalz Mylo, North Dakota

mohair-bear-005-2.JPGmohair-bear-001-2.JPGHi all,
am posting my last panda a teeny bit late  bear_sad  ...meant to get him on earlier this evening, but my 1-year old who is having a time with teething and thought I should wait.... bear_cry   
So please meet....ummmm...to be honest I haven't named him yet...with Elizabeth having such a time with her teething the last couple days, I'm lucky I was even able to finish him. bear_wacko
He is the first bear I have ever made out of mohair...and the biggest bear I've made...at about 8 inches standing. He was fun to make. Well am gonna cut this short and get him up here, since he is already a little past the time for the challenge....  bear_whistle 
With kindest regards,
Patsy

Kent
Website

Patsy, what a handsome panda!  I love the colour scheme and those green eyes suit him well! :clap:

Lynne, your little anime panda is really cute!  What a great twist on the panda theme! :clap:

Kent
Website

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time and trouble to enter our Pandamania Challenge.  I hope you have enjoyed creating your pandas and that the challenge has given you plenty to consider for future pandas!  I think our Pandamania gallery is proof of the fact that pandas offer a huge amount of scope for design!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: I have so thoroughly enjoyed popping in and seeing all your Pandas. they are magnificent.
I still didnt get a chance to make mine. Not matter. it will get done eventually.
Well done everyone from a happy admirer :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Kent
Website

Wendy, when it does, please add it to the gallery for us to enjoy!

Board footer