Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Nice one Bren.

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs, Jane.   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

I dont think (?hope) I look like my bears, but oh, I am endlessly fascinated by the fact that people develop an unmistakable style .
When I started out, I did get a lot of comments about my old wolfie, and the Puca bear "look" - yes - probably something there..........but then i started out doing needle-felted faces, thinking something DIFFERENT would happen...............NOPE - still the same look.
And now - we just have Nounours, our Leonberger.......she has become an honourary bear, as she visits shows with us sometimes, and LOVES it! Just about a year ago we were at the Allbears show, which is an hour's drive from here..........so we took her along. She happily settled behind our table and had the BEST day - a constant stream of admirers for her, and really GOOD sales for me!
huggies
Maria

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hey Maria, Have you got a pic of Nounours, I'd love to see one! bear_original I love BIG dogs, they do so remind me of bears.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

They look like a combination of my hubby and my dogs.... but not me...... I haven't figured out how to give bears double chins! bear_tongue  (Hey, you don't have to go clicking on my avatar to see my chins now! Cut it out!) :crackup:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Linda, I love that bear of yours  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Bren, too funny  :crackup:  :crackup:

I think my bears have always looked like my dog, even tho I just got him a year ago, with the same muzzle, eyes and thinner limbs, and fat belly but I'm still working on incorporating the large Papillon ears hehe

puca bears puca bears

nounours1.jpg
Here you go , Linda - Nounours photographed earlier this week, with a touch of autumn colour..........sod's law, as usual - when the colours were at their best, it was GREY  and WET............
there are more pics on my website, in the "about Maria" section...............and yes - BIG dogs are great, except when they want to sit on your lap! Nounours weighs about the same as me (55 kilos or so) - and it can be a bit painful.
huggies
Maria

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Bren I wondered when someone would get smart here and be clever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria what a lovely dog.

Lynette

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Nothing more fun than hugging a BIG dog that wants to pretend to be a lap dog  bear_wub

:crackup:  :crackup: Daphne and Lady Bren ~ you've both brought laughter to my morning  bear_laugh  :hug:

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Nounours is beautiful Maria, very much like a bear! I have a mixed breed German Shepherd/Labrador X, he looks very much like a Bernese Mountain Dog. His adopted sister is a midsized Pointer/Shepherd X, 18 months old and a nutter!!! She really is a clown and makes us laugh alot. Here's a pic of the two of them playing together, Ralphie doesn't do alot of this anymore, but on occasion he will if he's feeling good. IMG_1658_compressed.JPG bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Jett-3-years.jpgGeez Maria, Nounours sure is beautiful, how do you cope with the long coat, looks like alot of work.
Linda, Ralphie  does look like a Bernese Mountain Dog, they look like they are having loads of fun. Hehe, you have a "nutter" too, Im glad I'm not the only one!!! Must be black dogs!!!!
Here is my "nutter" aka "devil's spawn"!!! He may be a handful, but is the most loving dog I've ever had who also thinks he is a lap dog that insists on sitting on your lap :doh:
PS, I think my bears look alot like my dog, he has so many gorgeous expressions that just seem to appear on my bears without me even trying to replicate them, even the naughty ones bear_whistle

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Awww, the Devil's Spawn is gorgeous, I love Rotties. They have a terrible and totally undeserved reputation, they're big sooks really. Ralph has a real "hair" problem, he's always dragging bits of the bush in on his tail and he's constantly shedding, his fluff collects in all the corners of the house. (We call it Ralphie tumble weed, because that's how it behaves!!) I'm always brushing him and I seem to get so much out each time I'm surprised he's not bald! It's a pity he hasn't got the get up and go he used to have, the two of them could have so much fun, but he's such a sleepy ol' man these days, poor ol' boy. (He's 11 and 1/2) Lily also thinks she's a lapdog at times, she's not so much BIG as BONY with very pointy bits that stick into you and hurt! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

puca bears puca bears

Beautiful dogs, Linda and Kim!  Seeing your two playing together Linda makes me wonder (again) why we didn't get another dog when our old Wolfie died three years ago - we've always had two or three before. But then Nounours has turned into the best behaved dog we've ever had. EXCEPT when it comes to grooming - she positively HATES it - she has only got to see the brush and off she goes. Leos have a very dense, soft undercoat and seem to be always moulting.........many years BB (before bears) I used to collect the undercoat from our previous Leo, and spin it - makes a really soft yarn and surprisingly (for dog hair) isn't in the least scratchy.
Walkies time - we're having our first ground frosts .............oh GOODIE!
huggies
Maria

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

I don't look like my bears or my dogs.  They are all much cuter than I.   bear_tongue

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
eteddys wrote:

I don't look like my bears or my dogs.  They are all much cuter than I.   :P

That's why they are so cute! 'Cause you are adorable!

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I don't think I look like my bears. None of them wear undies, but I sure do. And I hope I don't look like my dog who is a Toy Poodle.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh my gosh Bren!  That freaked me out!!!! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   That's really funny.

I have been told I that my bears look like me (and I hope that is a compliment and not that I am hairy and have a long nose).  I think perhaps we put so much of our inner selves into our work that our essence is captured in our bears and other critters. bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Bren that is too good. Daphne I would never have notice unless you pointed it out. Have seen your Pic 100' and just saw "you". Maybe we should learn by our bears, not always perfeclty proportioned, bit saggy in the middle but still happy.

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Thanks Lisa, I think he is beautiful too!!! He has grown out of his "Devil's Spawn" antics now and his real name is Jett.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

What a great thread! Bren, that is just tooooo funny!!!  :crackup:

I don't THINK I look like my bears, but I DO think that this particular bear of mine on the left looks quite like our gorgeous little puppy Nara on the right (photo taken last Friday). Nara does give you those real puppy dog eyes with her eye whites showing when she looks up at you - whenever she does, it ALWAYS reminds me of my bears! My 6 year old son says to me ' Mummy, Nara has got sad eyes - she always looks sad even when she's happy!!'

jasperteddytalk.jpgnarateddytalk.jpg

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

If I knew more about Adobe photoshop, could I have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynette

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I never thought so,  but at one show two separate people told me my bears looked  like me in the eyes.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

How funny !! I hope I do !! I like the smileing ones I made last.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oooh, what a gorgeous Rottie  bear_wub  I really do have a soft spot for the pups.  LOL, almost said for the 'large breeds' and then as I thought through...well, just about any pup to play with is beautiful.  Hmmm...comes from being born in the Year of the Dog I suppose. 

It is suprising how many bear artists, there is some 'essense' about them that does get captured in their bears.  I can't quite put a finger on it, but I can see it in almost every bear made.  Whether its our pups, or something about our kids, or our own facial features, there's just something there that gets put into the bear.  And I consider it an honor that the collectors can relate to that  bear_wub

Board footer