Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

TT3.jpgTT2.jpgTT1.jpgAs promised yesterday....but a little late in posting....here are a few pictures of how to attach the ribbon as well as a tidy way to do the paper overlay so you get a nice finished edge.
Make sure you run a bead of glue to the uppermost edge to that your ribbon hangs nice and straight.  By placing the ribbon on one side and making a reverse loop your ornament will hang facing out rather than twisting to the side.  Hopefully the picture will show you what I'm talking about.

For the paper overlay, cut out a circle  3/4 of an inch larger than your disc.  Brush glue on one side of your disc and place in the center of the wrong side of your paper.  Let dry.  Using your paper scissors cut slits in your paper till it meets the disc.  Brush glue on the paper and fold over.  Let dry.  Apply your ribbon hanger.  Now, cut another circle just slightly smaller than your disc and apply with your paper glue.  Proceed to decorate your disc however you see fit!!

Warmest bear hugs and happy creating!  :hug:
Aleta

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Shantell!   bear_flower
No.  My brain never sleeps.   bear_sad I see art in everything!  For example, I was browsing the Intercal site earlier and came upon the hardboard discs.  There were three sizes all in a row.  Most people would see hardboard discs...all in a row.  I saw a glittery white snowman!  My brain looks at things in a whole different way than most.

Hi Jane!  bear_flower
You don't need more hours in the day, silly you!  You need less sleep!!  It's overrated anyway.  Ha!

Hugs and hugs and hugs,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Aleta

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

[size=12]Sooooooooo, you clever one you!  Those are pretty neat.  I have bags of large discs I won't use.  Do you want them?  You could decorate an entire tree!!!

Hugs,
Cathy

IMG_9468.jpg[size]

djbbears Queensland

WOW you girls always come up with wonderful ideas.....now to get my mind thinking now with home made gifts.........love when you receive things that are so personal.take a bow ladies you rock... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Debbie

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hey there, Cathy!  :rose:
Nope.  Don't need anymore of those things.  I still have 75 of them left!  And you're right, it would be enough to decorate a tree....or two, or three....
:crackup:

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

Rats.  And here I thought I found my own good use for them - tee hee.  Anybody need any?  C'mon!  Surely someone?  I could fit a bunch in a flat rate box for around 8 bucks and you too could be as clever as Aleta ;-))

Wait - looks like I might have an interested clever one........................................

Board footer