Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Judi,

I'm so sorry for you and your family on the loss of Tigger.   bear_cry   It's nice that Tigger is resting by some pretty trees.  I think Tigger is in pet heaven playing with all the other pets and having a good time and looking down on his family.  When I lost my dog that I had grown up with, my friend told me that we had given her the best life possible and that made me feel good.  I also like to think my dog Bunny is playing and running around in heaven.  I'm sure that you gave Tigger the best possible life.  Many many hugs for you.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Judi
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Tigger. I can't add anymore to what has already been said but wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and your children. We have had to have two dogs put down and one is buried in the back yard of our home and the other at the cottage I cried like a baby for days .I said I would never have another as I couldn't take their passing but before long we had another. I just can't imagine our life without a pet. Do you have pets other than Tigger?
I would also like to wish you well in the competition and what can I say except that your entry is spectacular and it is to be hoped that the judges will be able to appreciate and recognize your artistry
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Judi, I just wanted to add how sorry I am to hear about your Tigger.  I dread the day our Bootsie Boy will leave us.  It is just so hard!
When I was growing up, we always had a Boston Terrier.  Our first one had to be put down because of cancer and my mother immediately bought a new pup.  I know it sounds bad, but it really helped.  We never had a void, Mickey was gone and Bootsie arrived 2 days later.  The puppy was so full of mischief, it just kept our minds (my sister and me) from dwelling on the loss.
I don't knowif you want to consider doing that but from my experience, it did a world of good.
Hugs to you and your children,
Nancy

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Judi,
Just wanted to say sorry about Tigger having been too ill to continue on.  I am sure that your sensitivity will help your children cope with the loss of their little friend.  I do hope that the pain lessens for you all soon :hug:  :hug: Anne

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh Judi, I am so sorry to hear of your lovely Tigger  bear_cry   I think sometimes the vets get overly optomistic and they are only human...sometimes they make mistakes.

I'm glad you were able to have closure with Tigger.  I've done the same with all my pets, special places and ceremonies for them to be buried.  I think it definitely helps. 

Sending you massive hugs  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Oh, Judi.  I am so sorry :hug:

Pipa UK

oh no Judi your poor kitty.. soo  sorry to hear your sad news   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Judi...hugs and more hugs to you. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  We have mountains of pets and it hurts so much when they go. The kids seem to cope better each time though...and I cope worse than ever. bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
The first pet loss is the hardest by far. My kids, especially my daughter, was so upset....we all sat together and said a little prayer to God. We asked him to look after "Nilla" (pet mouse) and asked for His comfort. The kids drew a lot of comfort from this simple little prayer. :pray:  I know your faith is strong...ask God for what you need.  bear_wub
Thinking of you!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

My dear Judi,
My heart goes out to you,and you have to put on a brave face for your children.Its makes one so maddddddd, when we have to say goodbye to a loved one for whatever reason.
From my side of the world I send you a big HUG :hug:
Lynette

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh, I must say that I am feeling all the really good vibes from this place.  Thank you thank you thank you.

It's really strange when you are used to having something around...like our big fluffy kitty who always warmed my computer chair.  Our other animals are acting just a bit odd...like they really notice his abscence.

My children are doing fine...especailly since I said we would take a trip to the animal shelter...maybe today after school. bear_wub

I appreciate all the warm support.  Thanks! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I LOVE trips to the animal shelter..... breaks my heart at times but if I can bring just ONE home I'm happy! Keep us posted!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Have fun on your trip to the animal shelter - one special kitty will be waiting, I'm sure of it!!   Brenda

LynBlair Posts: 139

bear_cry  It's so heartbreaking!  We lost our oldest kitty girl a few months ago and it was so very painful for my whole family.  I'm so sorry your family and you are dealing with this kind of loss. 

Big hugs,
Lyn

OurLostRose Florida Panhandle

Judi, I'm new to the forum, but I too would like to offer condolences and my prayers for you and your family as you deal with the loss of this precious little friend.

A friend of mine from New Zealand sent me a poem about our beloved pets crossing over the Rainbow Bridge.  I wish I could find it for you... it was a silly fanciful little poem really, but when we lost one of our beloved pets it did help.  Now whenever I think about one of our pets and the memory brings back the pange of loss, I think about him or her on the other side of Rainbow Bridge having a wonderful time chasing butterflies and lounging in the warmth of the sun...

Blessings and comfort to you and yours.

OurLostRose (Debbie)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Debbie, as a matter of fact, The Rainbow Bridge is posted here.  Look in the "Reference Library" under the topic 'Animals', then the sub-topic "Where pets go - The Rainbow Bridge".

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Judi,

I am so very sorry about your beloved pussy cat Tigger as I know how close they become in the family.
Having had dear old Hyacinth die earlier in the year, I know what you are going through - not nice.

I hope that you find another beautiful pet at the animal shelter and that they will be able to replace
the big gap that has been left.

My love and thoughts are with you and your Family,

Hugs
Carolyn

Densteds Densteds
Website

cooper-2-005-Small.jpgDear Judi,

I was so saddened reading of the loss of your dear Tigger, I am so very sorry...I truely know what you are going through, having lost two kittys and my little dog, Reggie in the last few years. It is such a distressing time but how comforting to read all these posts from such a caring & loving group of people.
That's wonderful you're going to save a kitty from the shelter, I just got a little dog from a shelter a couple of weeks ago, a New Year's present to myself, I know I can't save them all but it sure makes me feel good knowing one less was put down.
He's a happy & loving little guy and his name is Cooper.

Big warm hugs,
Denise  :hug:  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry Dont know how I missed this before Judi bear_cry I've been hanging around on TT for days totally oblivious to your heart renching plight. bear_cry I am truely sorry for your loss. I too have had to make this dreadful decision. It is'nt easy I know. bear_cry  :hug: Children are quite resiliant, they will cope very well I'm sure. :hug: Please accept my commiserations for the loss of a dearly loved family pet. :hug:  :hug: Matilda

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Judy i am soo sorry for your loss and can sympathize with the loss and the expense..we had our beloved malamute put down because he had cancer two  years ago..and then our setter died last year..we didnt have kids to explain too..thank heavens..we took it badly enough ourselves! i agree with the rainbow bridge  link and many people make a memeorial on line that they can visit..they have virtual pet cemetarys that some people find comforting..you can visist whenever!..i have mine attatched to my website..because my site was named for him..everyone grieves in their own time..let them decide when to bring a new friend home..you cannot replace the lost pet//only love a new one!!  Huge Hugs deb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Denise - Cooper is adorable! He looks a lot like my wheatens would if I trimmed their fur real close! Enjoy him!

Judi
- been to the shelter yet???????? And???????

To Denise and All...

I wanted to share a special website with you all.  It's called Dogster & Catster.  You set up a web page for each of your pets.  It's great fun...  Denise the picture of your new little fellow is wonderful.  Plus just like on Teddy Talk you can show off your precious little furry friends, plus meet other pet owners if you want to.

I like to go through and "give paw".  One can look at other's web pages and rank them.  You can invite other pets to be your pet's pal, etc.  You will see many pets that are on the website that are in memory of a beloved pet, which is really nice.

It's really quite fun.   bear_original

Here is our Dogster page for Princess Pickachu and Catster page for Milo:

http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=139595

http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?i=141221&j=t

bear_flower

Oh, I almost forgot, there are many pets that are on Dogster & Caster, in pet rescue, waiting to be adopted.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a cutie Cooper is, Denise!!  That expression is priceless!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Judi and family ......  bear_cry    I'm so sorry for your loss.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Cooper is adorable, Denise and how very lucky that he was rescued be you.
What a great New Years present for yourself!

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer