Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Eileen
If you don't have a pair of KAI scissors I would highly recommend them They are small and incredibly SHARP When you cut with them they don't leave a scissor line. Some Fabriclands sell them- ours here in Peterborough has them.
Hugs
Gail

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Thanks so much Debbie....Those small curved ones would really help me...Winney

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Deb thanks for the info on the shears.  I'll be order a pair for sure.  Maybe I'll try them on your swap bear ! 

Kathy, I  really admire you mink bears.  They are so amazing.  You really are talented !

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Debbie~ thanks for the extra scissor information!

Tammy~ I've been watching your bears on ebay and I think that they are wonderful. Good luck on ebay. Ebay is definitely a love/hate situation for me...I'm still new to it but I'm learning.

Bear Hugs   :hug:
Kathy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Eileen... Thnaks for the info. on the micorabrisive products...must try that and see how it works..Winney

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance: Whoohoo!!!! Tammy that'll be fun if you can use them for my swap bear  bear_grin  Actually I was just doing a happy dance at the mention of my swap bear  :dance:  bear_grin   I've been working on your fellow, but its still a work in progress.  I have to wait til the head gets finished to see what size eyes to order, as the design is new for me.  Then the waiting, waiting waiting whilst the eyes arrive....  I think your muzzles are wonderful, so it'll be really fun to see what you get when you've got shears! 

Kathy I love  bear_wub  your avatar bear!!!  You're so clever to do such an incredibly tiny ted.  I would have been ripping my own hair out trying to turn something that small  bear_wacko

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What great information, everybody!

I definitely see the wisdom of investing in several pairs/sizes of good scissors. All I've got are Fiskars so far. Gotta look for Kais and dog groomers.

I had no idea that real hair dulled scissor blades--I thought it would be cardboard, linoleum, all the nasty things the family uses my sewing scissors on when I'm not looking.

I had no idea that closing the blades would remove the burr. Neat.

Kathy, I'm so glad you're with us. Your little minkies are amazing, esp the little pandas. Unlike you, I'm old as dirt with only 10 months of bear-making experience--I wish I'd discovered artist bears much earlier. At least now that my children are grown I can get something done!!

Patience definitely pays. I'm doing much better more slowly.

Thanks, everyone  :hug:

Eileen

:hug:  Glad to hear you're getting there slowly but surely  :hug:

You know of course that we'll require PICTURES!!!! when you finished!! bear_grin

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Thanks, Eileen and Debbie, I'll try to take part in the conversations more often. It was fun!

I'm glad that you asked your question, Eileen, I learned a lot.

~Kathy

:dance: I'd love it if you would join in more, Kathy!!  :dance:   

I think all of us ask great questions...I can't count the times I've started to ask a question...only to find someone else has *just* asked it for me!  Great minds think alike  bear_grin

Board footer