Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Daphne thinking of you and your family and wishing your dad a speedy recovery.

Take care
Mel

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Daphne.  Please drive safely and come back to us when you can.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Daphne,  what terrible terrible news.  I know your father's health problems have been such a worry for awhile.  Here's a huge  :hug: for you and your family.

Hang in there!
Danni

Densteds Densteds
Website

Daphne...I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad, he's in my prayers as are you & your family..please take care driving and let us know how he's going..

thinking of you,
big hugs, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Denise.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne, sorry to hear this news about your Dad, my thoughts and prayers are with you all. :pray:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Daphne,  I'm so sorry.
please be safe for driving and
let us know.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Marie

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Daphne,
Blessings upon you all thru this...Keeping good thoughts for you & yours.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Daphne,

I'm so sorry about your dad.  I hope he feels better soon.   Sending many bear hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Daphne,
What a worrying time for you and your family -  my thoughts are with all of you
:hug:  :hug:
Warmest hugs
Anne

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry Oh my gosh!  Daphne, I'm so so sorry to read about this  bear_cry   I do hope your Dad will be okay, and has a fast recovery.  Sending hugs along for you and your family, you'll certainly be in my thoughts  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Sending prayers your way, hope your father is ok!
:hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Daphne sweetie, I am so sorry...my thoughts and prayers are with you...please let us know when you are up to it...worried about you and sending you big hugs  :hug:  :hug:
Sarah

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Daphne
I am so sorry to hear about your Father. Getting a phone call like this is always very upsetting and even more so when you are so far away. Take care driving and I hope and pray that all will be well
Hugs
Gail

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Daphne,
I'm sending my very best wishes & lots of prayers to you, your family & most of all your dad. ~  bear_innocent
Here's a long distance hug for you, Sandy   
:hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Your prayers worked!!!!

I was almost to the highway exit for the hospital when mom called to say he was awake, the CT scan and x-rays showed nothing wrong and he'd be able to go home after a few hours of observation. Yippeee!!!!

Poor mom has been at the emergency room with my dad 11 times in the last 3 months. This time had little to do with the state of his health. Instead, he'd apparently gone out to the car and went to lean inside to get something and whacked his head on the door jam and when he stood up he fell to the ground hitting the back of his head on the cement floor... mom said it bounced 3 times. Said he stopped breathing, she gave him CPR and called the ambulance. He was in and out of consciousness for a few hours.

He's home now, has lots of aches and pains, stiff neck, head ache, etc. but also has his sense of humor. He just never seems to loose that! That's my dad!

God really took care of him today... thank you for all of your prayers!!! I knew it would help and that you'd all be there!!! I appreciate that and don't take your compassion for granted!!

I'm staying at my folks' tonight and will go home in the morning.

Thank you again!

:hug:   :hug:   :hug: 
Daphne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Daphne , I'm so glad that your dad was ok !!!  :hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Daphne, I am so glad to hear that your Dad is going to be OK. What a terrible scare! Give him an extra big hug!!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Daphne,

Very best wishes and prayers out to you and your dad... I hope he is all right; can't imagine if I got a call like that...  :hug:

Kimberly W.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Daphne,
I am so glad to hear your Dad is doing okay!  I have an idea!  Take one of those many bunny heads you have around the house now and put it on a body that is very soft and squishy.  Put velcro on the paw pads and wrap it around your Dad's head when he is out in the garage.  The paws will absorb the blow from the front and the body will help keep his head from bouncing on the cement.  He sounds like what we went through with my grandfather.  Bless his heart, let him keep going and doing as long as he can.  Will keep your Mom in my thoughts and prayers!
Bear Hugs,
Donna

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Oh, Daphne I'm so glad your Dad is okay! :hug:
It's good that you are able to spend the night with your folks tonight. I will still say a little prayer for a speedy recover for your Dad!

hugs,

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne, I'm delighted to hear your dad is home and already starting to mend, with all the TLC from his family.  Sweetie, you need to get some sleep - this was supposed to be a day to sleep in and to catch up on chores - don't you have company coming?   As my mum would always say after a stressful day - GET TO BED!  LOL!   
                                                     Hugs :hug:

Brenda

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I Am Sending prayers and hugs to you and your mom Daphine. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Thank goodness Daphne! Prayers in numbers can be so very powerful. I worried about you all day. I am so glad all is well!

Many Hugs Louise

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

So Sorry.  I hope you arrived to find his condition better.  My thought and prayers are with you and your family.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Daphne, I'm so glad your dad is ok -

now don't forget to take care of YOURSELF either!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer