Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

This outfit that manufactures this product should be sued!! What are Vets doing about this??

many Hugs louise

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

There's a book by Dr Ian Billinghurst  called 'Give your Dog a Bone' that describes just why commercial foods and treats are so bad for dogs and cats. In the wild dogs would not eat a cooked diet unless the found it by scavenging. We decided to give our dogs the raw diet, raw bones (chicken wings, lamb ribs, chicken carcasses...not weight bearing bones..they can cause a blockage), raw fish, raw eggs, vegetables etc after reading about it and talking to other dog lovers who were having problems.

Apart from digestive problems which seriously affect our pets (cats too..we give our cats the occasional chicken wing tip) they get gum disease which results in loss of teeth, mouth cancers and all kinds of other things that they probably won't get if fed a 'dog' diet.

After losing a lovely dog a few years ago we decided to stick to the diet, now recommended by forward thinking vets....and I can tell you, it's cheaper, less smelly, and our dogs are in excellent health..and our vet can't get over the fact that our 6 year old dogs have no plaque on their teeth.

I was scared at first, but after all this time seeing it in action..I wouldn't go back.

The problem is that these companies are out to make money...and they do..even though our pets are suffering for it!!

nettie scotland
Website

My dogs get dry working dogs food.It has less additives and basically just chicken and rice.It has no v.a.t which makes it also cheap,makes me wonder why people buy tins???My oldest dog is about 13 and has beautiful teeth.I see some dogs much younger with brown teeth poor lambs.As I said previously they sometimes get a raw carrot ,pepper and apple which they love.They never get human food or doggy treats.
I keep checking back to see how the wee doberman is.I hope things are going well.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

please, how is Magic? Dobes are such extraordinary dogs.

I buy Greenies but ONLY to give to the pet rats! they gnaw them -
chew them into little shavings, not big chunks. The chewie treats I
give to the dogs are bull pizzles/bully sticks, whatever you want to
call them (ahem dried bull penises)  bear_wacko bear_shocked They last a decent
amount of time & are REALLY entirely digestable.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Sandi,

I'm really sorry to hear about Magic and hope that your lovely dog is going to be ok.
I have not heard about this product over in NZ otherwise I am sure that we would be giving our
dog some. Thanks for warning us about this product.
Really sorry and hope that we will hear some good news.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Sandy, 

I'm so sorry to hear about Magic.   bear_cry   I'm sending many hugs and thoughts your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks for letting everyone know about this.  I emailed the info about greenies to everyone I knew that had dogs and hopefully they'll email it to everyone they know.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

That's terrible news. So sorry to hear it.  bear_sad

Deb Upstate New York

Any word on Magic?

bearsbybeesley wrote:

This outfit that manufactures this product should be sued!! What are Vets doing about this??

There are hundreds of products just like Greenies ... most are just not green.  They are being sued by a couple who claim Greenies caused an obstruction that killed their dog.  And that may be, but ANYTHING can cause an obstruction.  Vets find marbles, fabric ... all kinds of things.  This couple is suing for $5MM.  They won't get it though, as the incidents with Greenies is extremely low and because ... at the end of the day ... as much as we love our pets, they are considered property, and you can't get $5MM for property, only human life.

Make sure you give size appropriate treats.  I had a friend who lost a pet due to an obstruction of something similar to Greenies.  But it was the fault of my friend, who gave her large dog a small item, which he proceeded to swallow whole.  And you guessed it ... it didn't digest properly and caused an obstruction.

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Sandi,

I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for the recovery of your dear Magic.  I bet you haven't slept in days. :Please let us know how things are going when you are able.  It seems like we are all having a terrible time with our fur babies lately.  I lost my best friend, Pebbles, just a few weeks ago and it feels like things will never be the same.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

(((( big hugs)))) :hug:

LuLu

Board footer